Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible hack

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

CJPR

CJPR

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ok No problem

Advertisements

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Your log looks clean to me, but I can't really be sure whether or not your system is (at the moment) safe from that intruder's attempts ... so for such issues (and others) to do with the server, I would suggest you go here:
http://www.geekstogo...windows-server/

Anyway ...

It's now time to take some further steps to have your system protected from any potential malware attacks in the future.

OTL Clean-Up
Clean up with OTL:
  • Double-click OTL.exe to start the program.
  • Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot.
  • On the OTL main screen, press the CLEANUP button.
  • Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.

Turn off System Restore and then turn it back on.
  • Right click on My Computer and select Properties.
  • In the System Restore tab, check "Turn off System Restore on all drives" and then click Apply.
  • Click Yes and then OK.
  • Once again, right click on My Computer and select Properties.
  • In the System Restore tab, uncheck "Turn off System Restore on all drives" and then click Apply.
  • When the Apply button greys out, click OK.

Your Windows and some of your programs may have vulnerabilities that malicious hackers and programs like to exploit to get into your computer and/or take control of it. This is why you MUST keep your Windows up to date with the latest security patches. The same goes for your programs like Java and Adobe applications.

For Windows Updates:
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

For Java updates:
http://www.java.com/en/download/

For Adobe security updates:
http://www.adobe.com/support/security/

Note: It's strongly recommended that you uninstall any versions of Java and Adobe products that are already installed on your computer before you install the most current ones from the sites that are linked to above.

Programs that I recommend for you to have/keep on your system.

• TFC Cleaner: Cleans your computer from unneeded junk, some of which may very well be malware.
  • Spybot - Search & Destroy: A good anti-spyware program. Everytime you have it updated, use its Immunize feature to have your system immune to a large number of malware attacks.
  • SUPERAntiSpyware: One of the best anti-spyware programs out there. Just use the free version to get rid of most of the malware out there.
  • Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: Another great anti-malware program. You can have Spybot, SUPERAntiSpyware and the free version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware installed on your system, but try not to scan with them all at the same time.
  • SpywareBlaster: This one is unique in the sense that it actually blocks your system from certain spyware attacks. For optimal security, make sure you "enable all protection" after every time you have it updated. This program works well in conjunction with Spybot's Immunize feature.

Make sure all the security programs on your computer are up-to-date. An outdated version can be just as bad as no version at all.

For more reading on how to get your system protected, please read Tony Klein's "How did I get infected in the first place?".

By following the above steps, your system will be well-protected from most of the malware attacks that hit our systems. If, despite everything, your system gets infected again in the future, please don't hesitate to come back here and ask us for help.

Good luck.

CJPR

CJPR

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ok, thanks for the assistance.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.