Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pc Hang on Shutdown, monitor goes to standby on start up....... amongs

• Please log in to reply

HexTrojan

HexTrojan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi to all,

When returning to my computer this weekend I have been experiencing the above problems. I've also notice some serious lag in my comps performance. I have a feeling that its not a hardware problem and have generated a HJT Log. If someone with a trained eye could look at it I would be very grateful.

Ps: never trust younger siblings with your stuff.

Thanxs again

Edited by Digerati, 19 November 2011 - 08:24 AM.
Removed log - wrong forum

Advertisements

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Hi HexTrojan and Welcome to GeeksToGo,

Your computer is infected. A brief inspection of your HJT log shows a LOP infection and your Winsock LSP has been hijacked. There are probably more.
Since I am not a staff member yet I can not assist you in cleaning your computer. But the staff in the Malware Removal Forum will be happy to assist you.

Please click Here to go to the Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal forum. Once there click the first pinned topic "Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide
Please read BEFORE starting a new topic"
and follow the directions to post your problem in that forum. Be sure to include a link to this topic so the staff member can combine the two topics and prevent duplicated efforts.

Good luck.

Edited by godawgs, 19 November 2011 - 07:52 AM.