Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Suspect Malware but scans have not identified [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Quarter

Quarter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hi,
Ok have run Kapersky and there have been no threats detected. Uploaded zip to Megauload following the link provided.

Thanks Q

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
:) Could you post the sharing link please

Quarter

Quarter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CJYXZH95 would help wouldn't it :blink:

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Can you let me know what problems you have on completion

• Re-run AVPTool
  • Select the Manual Disinfection tab and press Script execution

Posted Image
  • Where it states Insert text script in the following box copy the below script and press Run script
    Copy from Begin until End

Posted Image

begin
    SetAVZPMStatus(True);
    SearchRootkit(true, true);
    SetAVZGuardStatus(True);
     DeleteFile('F:\autorun.inf');
    BC_ImportDeletedList;
    BC_ImportAll;
    ExecuteSysClean;
    BC_Activate;
    RebootWindows(true);
    end.

• Your system will reboot on completion, if it does not please do so yourself
  • On completion please run another analysis scan and attach the zip file

Quarter

Quarter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hi, link is http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PO87LUZ2

Symptoms are slow on boot up from user account to seeing the wallpaper and the system tray icons loading - time is around 12- 14 mins ish.

I have not checked logging between accounts yet as this was also a symptom but have assumed it would be the same as when first booting up.
Prior to logging this problem the only way I was able to start up from boot quicker was to force a shut down (not recommended I know) boot in safe mode, then shut down and start in normal again. This way it would shave about 7-8 mins off the startup time.....!!
Thanks

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I would like you to run a disc check now - There are step by step instruction on this page

Quarter

Quarter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hi, I had already run chdsk, although not mentioned in my first post. I was caught out with a smilar problem a few years back which was down to the disk and not a virus/malware. The outcome of the chdesk was that no erros or bad sectors detected. I am more than happy to run again if you still want me to. If so will it be without auto fix and bad sector repair selected?
Thanks

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Better than that - lets run a nifty little tool that I found - It is good as I have used it myself, with fairly good results

Download Windows Repair (all in one) from this site

Install the programme then run

Go to step 2 and allow it to run Disc check
Posted Image

Once that is done then go to step 3 and allow it to run SFC
Posted Image

On the start repairs tab select advanced mode and click start
Posted Image

Select the items ticked (remove the ticks from the rest ) and tick restart system when finished

Quarter

Quarter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hi, The really good news is that the repair picked up some issues and when it rebooted it seemed to take a long time to get to the desktop screen again. However I rebooted again as thought that the repair may well have been modifying after the reboot but this time I ended with the blue screen output below. Started in safe mode and restarted in normal. All started ok and then selecting the user account it came up within 30 secs :thumbsup: .So I changed between users accounts and began to open up programs to get some usage up. It is now back to its normal opertaion when booting/shutting down and swapping between user accounts. :yeah: Marvellous Thank you.

One slight problem that I did note in my initial post was on the geekstogo web page I still get this in the informtaion bar "The addon for this website failed to run, Check the internet security settings in internet options for potentail conflicts" when I open up http://www.geekstogo.com/and can't work out why, having reset the security to default I would have thought this would have resloved it.

I would really appreciate your help with this if that is ok?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF88004ACCB72
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\112811-42728-01.dmp
C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-67673-0.sysdata.xml

Quarter

Quarter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hi, Just updating as have been able to use it a little more.

There must be some other underlying issues because once the pc has started to the desktop (now with good speed) I noticed that it was hanging waiting for the Zone Alarm to update, checked the view update and it was at 0%. Openned Explorer and again it was hanging and not loading the home page, started firefox, same thing. Checked internet connection on another PC and all ok. Then looked at the network adpater and all seems ok but decided to disbale it only to find it would not let me. Next course of action was to reboot so start to shut down it took about 12 mins to shut down finally going to a blue screen and I managed to catch something about a power driver. Restarted PC all ok until getting to desktop as it had now disabled the network adaptor. I used the auto fix and it started to (solve the problem) restore the adapter when it went to a blue screen again. It started up in safe mode and I have been able to get back online since restarting in normal mode.
I had experinced some of these issues before such as blue screen and pc hanging when I first posted the problem so supect that something is still not right. :help:

Thanks

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Could you zip and attach you last two mindump files please C:\Windows\Minidump

Also as an experiment could you uninstall ZoneAlarm completely from your system - ensuring you save the licence data. Using this procedure

The following uninstall directions will completely remove ZoneAlarm from your computer.

Be sure to have the latest version of ZoneAlarm downloaded and saved to your computer and your license key available so that you can reinstall after following these directions.

1. Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs

2. RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties

3. Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive letter may be different on your system):

"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe"

Change it to:

"C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean

(Add a space and then the /clean)

4. Click OK to save the new command line.

5. Click on Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs -> Uninstall Zone Labs Security

6. Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.

7. Say "Yes" when being prompted for the removal of all files.

8. Reboot

9. Now you can reinstall the latest version of ZoneAlarm if you wish.

Note- If you wish to reinstall the Zonealarm software, the full program will not run until you enter the license key. You can find your license in the Overview- product info tab of the ZoneAlarm product or obtain it by logging into your MyZone account.

To cover the gap in your defenses download and install either

Avast
Avira

For the interim period

Quarter

Quarter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hi, Location of zip for minidump is http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YUTEETDN
Thanks
Will now uninstall ZA

Quarter

Quarter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hi,
Looking at the process you have posted about uninstalling, I suspect that this would have related to an older version because the folder name under All Programs is Checkpoint and there is nothing that offers an uninstall exe file or anything remotley associated with uninstalling. I have checked to see if I could find one in the programs files (x86) but again nothing that pops out at me. I know you are looking for a clean uninstall but can't seem to find even after searching.
I am running ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 10.0.250.000 on a windows 7 os.
Thanks

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK they have a link for the clean uninstall utility

Uninstall via Programmes and features and tehn run this tool

Just going to look at the dumps

Quarter

Quarter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
I have now uninstalled ZA and cleaned with the program from the link plus installed Avast.