Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

re register Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

nrobe

nrobe

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
I bought a computer with

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

the one that I am using. I bought it second hand. Can you tell me if it is possible to re reister the software in my name and if so how I can do this.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Before I help with this thread, may I draw to your attention that in March this year, in our Malware forum

On this thread here.
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

You were being advised by Gammo. I do appreciate that you had waited some time for a reply to your original thread. Indeed longer than we would wish.
However, you only replied ONCE to Gammo on 12 March. - posting the log files he requested.
You will know how long those files were - pages and pages in length.
Have you any idea how much work was involved for Gammo in analysing those logs.
The response by Gammo was made the folowing day.
YOU never replied. and the thread was closed.

You are requested to kindly ensure that you do follow your thread to a conclusion, indeed on every thread, but it is particularly annoying for you not to do so, when it must be clear to you from your response, as to how much effort will be required on the part of the person advising you.

nrobe

nrobe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I'll go back to that thread then and we'll temporarily close this one.

It just got so complicated with that last thread, my desktop filled up and I was downloading so many different things, it was like the male version of sleeping beauty, I had to go and have a sleep.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
You have misunderstood what I am saying.
If I confused you I apologise.
There is no need to go back to that thread. It is not now, as far as we know a Malware issue.
Indeed you cannot go back to that thread as it is closed.
Continue here please.