Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Instant Messaging Tracking Software

• Please log in to reply

crackerjack321

crackerjack321

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Alright, I will explain my situation. A friend of mine (who is 21 and in med school) has a parent who is tracking all instant messaging conversations. A huge invasion of privacy, but due to her situation with her parent helping her pay for stuff, she isn't sure what to do. I have a pretty good understanding of how things work, but I'm not really sure how these programs work. From my understanding the program on her computer is stealthily running and she isn't sure what program it even is. I am unable to actually look at her computer, but, if need be I am sure I could setup a remote desktop connection to work on it for her. She's afraid that if the program is completely shut down, he will find out and wouldn't be too thrilled. So, what I was trying to figure out to do, is to find a way to bypass the tracking software's capabilities of tracking certain programs without completely shutting it down. I am not entirely sure how these [bleep] programs even work so to figure something out its quite difficult. From my common sense idea on how these things work is that the conversation logs are somehow recorded and automatically sent to her father when connected to the internet. She said that her facebook instant messaging messages are not recorded, which means that it is not a keylogger. It has to be some sort of program working through the instant messaging programs themselves. She said that he was able to send her logs that matched with her conversations to her proving that he is doing it.

Now, I'm not entirely sure if I am in the correct section, but, even if you are unable to help me come up with a solution, if you are able to help me understand how these programs work, that would be amazing.

Thanks

Advertisements