Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mac shuts down when syncing iPhone

• Please log in to reply

dudeidontcare

dudeidontcare

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
So first off I got my iPhone 4, 3 or 4 months ago, all was good, no problems at all until I upgraded to iOS 5, it successfully synced for the update to iOS 5 but the next time I plugged it into my computer, my computer just completely shuts off and it now does this every single time, I have no idea why it does this, I googled a little bit and found that some people were having the same problem but fixed it by deleting all the photos, well of course that didn't work for me.. Anyways I have a PowerMac G4 MDD running OS X 10.5.8 (a dinosaur, I know but it's all I have for now), like I said, iPhone 4, non-jailbroken, iOS 5.0.1... I would be greatful for any help because I really want to be able to sync my music again..

Thanks

Advertisements

Faizan Ern Prince

Faizan Ern Prince

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Try changing the USB Cable or the USB port when you connect your iPhone to the computer.
You could also try reinstalling iTunes and see if that works.
Finally, to get your iPhone to Sync with iTunes, open iTunes on a different computer and then Sync your music.

webmaster2

webmaster2

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello,
This is looking your PC's OS issue that might be is not supporting to your PC and hence it is going to be shut again and again...

Ljstrippll

Ljstrippll

• Pip
  • 1 posts

You can sync iphone data to itunes and icloud. iTunes and icloud is good way to backup iphone data.

Edited by Ljstrippll, 24 March 2015 - 08:20 PM.