Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

yellow bar

• Please log in to reply

bayernmunich

bayernmunich

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
hi... pls bear with me if my english is complicated to understand because its not my first language my sister needs to work at home and she needs to access their website(at work)... the last time we are able to connect to it but now we are having problem... she was able to use it maybe 4 months ago but 3 months ago i updated our internet explorer to version 9, i dont know if that has something to do with it but i feel i need to inform you about that ... now when we are trying to access the website the website is asking us to install a program but i checked on our program list that we already installed it before (that program is needed by the website so you can use the website, atleast thats what i know) .....but just to try if i could fix something i uninstalled this program and then go to the website again to install it... but here is the problem, after i installed it, the instruction goes like this "click the yellow bar across the top page & select run active x control" ----- my problem is that, that yellow bar isnt showing up, dont know why... and the website is stock to that page ..... by the way i tried to downgrade my IE to version 8 again but it still not showing up... i tried to disable my firewall but it still doesnt show up.... do i just missed something to do here or there is really something wrong???? thanks in advance to all......

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I've run into several cases where IE9 caused problems with work web sites requiring proprietary software to access it. Uninstalling IE9 and reverting to IE8 (happens automatically) usually resolves the problem. Try it and see if it fixes it for you.

bayernmunich

bayernmunich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
hi and thanks Ztruker... maybe it confused you because of my bad english but i already said it on my first post that i downgrade it again to version 8 and this is the version im using right now.... and i also turn off the firewalls but it still not showing the yellow bar..... thanks

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Sorry, I see that now when I re-read your post.

So your problem is you can't install the ActiveX component of the program because you are not getting the prompt (yellow bar) asking you to do so.

Try resetting Internet Explorer to it's default settings. Click on Tools (the lettle gear symbol) then Internet Options.
Click the Advanced tab.
Click on the Reset button next to the words "Reset Internet Explorer's settings to their default condition. Close then restart IE and see if you can install your program now.

bayernmunich

bayernmunich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
i did what you told me to do (reset to default setting) but that yellow bar is still not showing up.... anymore suggestions?? thanks

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Try booting to Safe Mode with Networking, see if it shows there: Advanced startup options (including safe mode)

What anti-virus software are you using?

bayernmunich

bayernmunich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
hi ztruker...... i tried to run it on safemode with networking but still the yellow bar didnt show up..... im using avg free edition and malwarebytes .... thanks

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I looked at that link again and I don't think it applies to you as it was a fix for a solid BSOD, yours is intermittent.

Try this:

To stop the information bar from blocking file and software downloads

Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.

Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

Click the Security tab, and then click Custom level.

To turn off the Information bar for ActiveX controls, scroll to the ActiveX controls and plug-ins section of the list, and then, under Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls, click Enable.

Click OK, click Yes to confirm that you want to make the change, and then click OK again.

If this is already set to Enable, try setting it to Disable.

Abovr from: Internet Explorer 8 Information bar: frequently asked questions

bayernmunich

bayernmunich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
hi ztruker..... i can't do it anymore and sorry and thank you for your time..... like i said its my sister.... i just can't enter that site because its private.... i can only do it if she's here.... by the way its enable..... what i notice is whenever im downloading something or clicking a link the pop ups is appearing.... so it must be the problem of their site and not of my computer.... thanks ztruker...