Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Watchdog.sys error video

• Please log in to reply

alkemist007

alkemist007

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I am sure this topic has been posted before, but I need some specifics. Whenever I access any webpage with embedded video, like youtube, the computer crashes and I get the watchdog.sys error and BSOD. I have Windows XP Pro. This is a company computer, with a software packet preinstalled, that might interfere with the video driver, but the company "gurus" are not that much of a guru, so they have no clue what is going on. The funny thing is that I was able to fix this same error previously with advice from online computer gurus, by making a small change in the BIOS. Recently my computer got infected and had to reinstall the operating system, and now I can't remember what that change was in the BIOS. The driver installed is the latest version, so it can't be updated. The solution was changing one or two characters in the BIOS. Please, please, someone help!!

Advertisements

rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
All forum boards have a "history" of posts. Your old solution is on whatever board helped and should be available if you search for it.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What is the exact error message?

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
This is usually related to the Flash player settings that the newer versions causes BSOD on certain video cards. You can try next time you start a video on the web (if you have time before it crashes) to right click on the video itself and choose settings (flash player settings) and then unclick the ENABLE HARDWARE ACCELERATION option, this usually fixes the problem, hope it will work for you.