Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how do i run my image discs?

• Please log in to reply

greghoffman

greghoffman

• PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
so i have quarantined/deleted the virus from my computer. i ran cc cleaner and being stupid i also did a registry clean and may have possibly deleted some drivers? how do i run the image discs i made when the machine was new to reinstall anything that was deleted? will this fix the sluggishness i am experiencing? i also have a partition on my hard drive that says d:recovery. it is now red instead of blue like the other portions of the hard drive. have i done major damage? will the image discs be able to repair this? thanks for any assistance.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
CCleaner does not delete drivers. When you run CCleaner's registry cleaner, it prompts to do a backup of the registry first. Did you do that?

As for re-imaging your computer, you need to check your manual or visit your computer maker's site for instructions. Since you provided absolutely zero information about your system, we would have no clue where to start.

greghoffman

greghoffman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
i'm sorry. no, i did not click the back up registry. my comp is a hp pavillion dv7-6135dx running windows 7 home premium.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

i did not click the back up registry.

Well, you don't need to be told this now, but you should always backup the Registry before doing any dinking with it - regardless your level of expertise. You might try booting into Safe Mode and checking System Restore.

Are you using the same machine now to make these posts?

greghoffman

greghoffman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
yes...somewhere along the way... all of my earlier restore points are gone

greghoffman

greghoffman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
i hate to do this to you folks...i know you volunteer your time and i greatly appreciate everything that all the tchs have helped me with over the years...i have to go to work. i will log on tonite after work and again tomorrow morning. thank you again for all you do...for all of us .

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
http://h20000.www2.h...ectID=c00810334

greghoffman

greghoffman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
thanks for the info...i guess i was wondering if thats the way to go? comp just seems slower lately and slow to start & shutdown.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Then I might suggest you have our malware removal experts take a look first. Check out our Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide.