Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP printer F4480 won't print

• Please log in to reply

caigx

caigx

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi,

My HP printer F4480 is having big problem printing -- after I click "print", the document would appear in the printing queue, but nothing happens. Sometimes the page will print 24 hours later. It also takes many hours for me to cancel a document that is in the queue.

I have tried to uninstall the driver software, then reinstall it (downloaded the driver software from HP's website), but to no avail. Still doesn't print.

Any suggestions what I should do? Thank you in advance for your help.

Gia

Advertisements

Akabilk

Akabilk

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative tools > Device manager
Scroll down to printers and expand, right-click HP printer and choose uninstall. After uninstall, reboot.

Go to this page at HP and "Select Operating System" http://h10025.www1.h...n&lang=en&cc=us Download the latest driver to your desktop. Install and then reboot.

See how that goes.

caigx

caigx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I did all the above but it didn't help. I called HP and explained the situation, and they told me it is a hardware problem and cannot be fixed.

Thanks for your help anyway.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
Try a complete uninstall of all the printer software, shut down the computer, disconnect the printer, reboot,check that all of the previous printer software is clear, install the printer drivers and only connect the printer when you get an on screen message telling you to do so.