Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multimedia drivers

• Please log in to reply

Allgirlclan

Allgirlclan

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a gigabyte radeon 9250 graphics card in a new pc. When trying to play movie files I got only sound no video. I went to device manager to find tha once of the video drivers is "enabled but not working properly".........during further checking I found it said the driver was missing and I should reinstall it. The driver is Lead mcmp/mjpeg codec/ (vfw). I don't know where to find this driver. I was able to restored the video with reinstalling the radeon drivers, but each time I reboot, I have to reinstall them again to get video from my movie files. I have tried uninstalling all graphics relatid programs and reinstalling them. Short of a complete reinstall of windows, I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Sounds like you need the proper Codec to play the movie?

Heres a great codec pack http://www.free-code..._Codec_Pack.htm

Also you may need the latest driver from ATI https://support.ati....dge&folderID=27

Allgirlclan

Allgirlclan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have the k-lite codec package.....but I will check the other site for drivers.....thanks

Allgirlclan

Allgirlclan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have tried new drivers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Radeon drivers and still no video when playing my movie files. Gigabyte has a vga utility which I booted into. All files played fine in vga mode. It must be a problem with the ati drivers..........but I need some expert help........please