Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus CG5270 Factory Restore(Windows 7 64bit)

• Please log in to reply

suavie

suavie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi! I need to do a factory restore on my ASUS CG5270, but didn't get any disc with my computer. So, is there a way to do a factory restore without disc? Thanks for the help in advance :)

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
What happens when you hit the F8 key while the computer is starting up? Is there a restore there? Asus has a "recovery Pro" software which restores computers back to the factory settings. I did this with my Asus Aspire one laptop by hitting the FN key and the F10 key at the same time when booting up. I'm not sure if it's the same on desktop comps.

from a ASUS forum

Other means of System Restore

If the system can not boot, you can restore it from the WinPE environment. The system starts from the hidden partition on the hard drive. To begin the restoration, press Alt + F10 (PC Tower) or Fn+F10 (laptop) to boot the PC and when the ACER logo appears. This will start the system from the hidden partition the hard drive and you access its main page. The restoration will be on partition C:. The partition D: (ACERDATA) will not be formatted, and therefore documents will not be deleted but it is always prudent to think about making a backup of your most important documents in case!

http://en.kioskea.ne...actory-settings
Please read near the bottom of the page.

SRX660

KHLVH1

KHLVH1

• Pip
  • 1 posts

It say my BOOTMGR is missing, Press Cntrl+Alt+Del To restart.