Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

any upgrade suggestions and/or advice for my first PC build?

• Please log in to reply

xtian010

xtian010

• Pip
  • 5 posts
So, i saw people on Youtube creating their own PC's. So i figure i'd give it a try. I don't generally refer to myself a geek or a techie guy, but i got my older brother to help me out.
So, if you got any suggestions for upgrades, any incompatibility, just let me know.
Here are the specifications.

Specs:
RAM: Sniper 8gb 1600 (12800CL9D-SR2) 2x4 (x2)
MoBo: Asus Maximus IV Gene Z
Graphics Card: EVGA GTS450 SC 1gb ddr5 128bit OR EVGA GTX550 Ti FPB 1gb ddr5 hdmi
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-B123L Blue ray combo
HDD: Western Digital 1.0 TB Sata3 Black
PSU: Acbel AB-R8II 650w
CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 (3.1G) 6mb 32nm
Chassis: Thermaltake Armor A60 (no psu)
Display: 24” Viewsonic VX2450 / VA2448
Heat sink: CoolerMaster V6GT cpu fan
Keyboard: Tt eSports Challenger (Pro -2500)
Mouse: Razer Abyssus Mirror Essential
Portable Sound Output Machine: A4-tech HS-100 black gaming headset
-
-
Please take note that these are NOT the final specs and i'm relying on your techy knowledge and experience with PC's.
BTW,thank you if you help me and my brother decide on what we're going to add to this PC.

Thanks, xtian010 :thumbsup: :help:

PS: i'd also like to know all of the parts prices. so, if you kindly copy paste it and add prices to the right enclosed in a parenthesis.

Advertisements