Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD caused by watchdog.sys [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
This two steps should speed it a little more... Test it and let me know results.

Step 1

Startuplite is a tool to help you stop some programs not needed when you start your computer from loading. They will begin automatically only when needed.

Run the tool and it will disable all unnecessary sturtup entries.
Click on Continue button to save changes.

Step 2

Download and run Puran Disc Defragmenter
Click on Boot Time Defrag button and choose Restart-Defrag-Restart

Posted Image

Advertisements

gandolf

gandolf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
i ran both defrag and startuplite......pc booted faster....also programmes responce time has incresed.....was there any sign of infection on my pc....i know that before i came here a huer trojan had infected but my antivirus caught it and i deleted.....and i want to thank u for all the help u have given me.....greatly appreciated....

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
All logs are clean. I don't see any infection on your PC. Use your PC as you used to.

Goodbye and stay safe :thumbsup:

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.