Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC running slow.

• Please log in to reply

abanirm

abanirm

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi! All.

This is just a typical question any computer user may ask.
I have googled for hours trying to find a solution; but nothing has fixed the problem.

Problem
I think it could be either a software problem or hardware.
I don't know if it matters or not. But, I have a repaired HDD of 1 TB and 250 GB installed .
The motherboard I have is also a replacement as the original motherboard had issues with the front audio panel pins.

What all I have tried
I googled info for possible solution. Based on which I installed Spybot S & D scanned the system deleted the problems found. I have also scanned my system for any possible virus using Kaspersky Pure 9.1.024.
I have also ran SFC/SCANOW and used the Windows Disc to rebuild the DLL cache.
I have Advanced System Optimizer taking care of all possible problems in the computer. I manually run custom scan to get rid of junk files, Internet and privacy traces, hidden privacy exposing traces, registry errors etc.
Drivers are updated for all devices.

I Just don't know what else could be the actual reason. I've even thought about giving up on this system.
Coz, I just can't stand slow system. It's like I have to wait for 40-50 seconds or so to perform even simplest of tasks.
Please assist.

Regards.

I just don't know what else could be the problem.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Many reasons can cause a slow computer.

Too many processes running
Not enough memory
Malfunctionning memory
Not enough free space on your C: drive
Malware viruses
one process hogging all the processor usage

It would help if you first tell us all the specs of your pc/laptop (brand name HP, Dell Acer ect)

One point, in my experience most programs that are suppose to optimize your computer usually slows it down

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Further to what my colleague Alzeimer has posted, may I come in ONLY to make one additional point

I have also ran SFC/SCANOW and used the Windows Disc to rebuild the DLL cache

SFC.
In the event the the system asks you for the CD, you must visit Windows Update immediately after the scan is completed.

Whilst that aspect is a rather subsidary issue it is a matter you should bear in mind

Alzeimer
Hope you do not mind me dropping in with that.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Alzeimer
Hope you do not mind me dropping in with that.

Your always welcome, I'm no expert only a passionate computer fan so any help or advice is welcome

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
abanirm

Do you still require assistance on this issue please.
It is now some 17 days since you joined GeekstoGo and started your thread.
Would you please update the thread by posting if you still require help, or if you have solved the problem.
Thank you.