Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Demesion 4600 will not let me acess boot menu

• Please log in to reply

yerkey89

yerkey89

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello i have this demension 4600 i got from work i was going to fix for my mother to use. I keep geting these error messages at startup so i thought i would try wiping the computer. (needed done to get rid of all programs from work anyways). I have the disc from work but when i try to install it while already booted up it says that the current copy of windows xp is newer than the old copy and wont let me install. It will not start the windows disc on startup by itself so i was trying to change the boot order like i read on a forum. However when the dell emblem comes up i see F12 will enter boot setup which it will do for about 1 second then it continues to boot as normal. Doesnt give me time to read any options and i cannot get it to stop booting up fully. Its probably a simple problem but any help would be greatly apreciated. Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

yerkey89

yerkey89

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Nm on the topic i figured it out. Thanks anyways tho :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks for letting us know and congrats on resolving the issue. :thumbsup: