Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lagging Performance Issue?

• Please log in to reply

Tony Stovall

Tony Stovall

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this I am new. I'm having a problem with lag on games for my laptop. I also am well known with computers I know alot about them how to fix them and what not more than it sounds Like I know so I could usually fix a problem on my own but not this one. My computer is not old, not "trash" it has always served me very well. I've flushed and restarted the whole thing a couple of times (Just because I'm too lazy, so I just like to start fresh) and no issues. But this time when I reinstalled Windows 7 I did everything as normal installed drivers and checked everything but for some reason I lag in every game that I play. Like.. RCT3 I EVEN LAG IN THAT? It has never did this before. My laptop can even play Modern Warfare 3 and Crysis 2, (not now because of this lag problem)!! Never happened before. I don't know what the problem is. I'm lagging for no reason..?

My Specifications:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name TONY-PC
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Studio 1558
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz, 2266 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A08, 7/22/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.80 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.27 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.60 GB
Available Virtual Memory 6.01 GB