Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2 Startup Problems

• Please log in to reply

Mcyd.213

Mcyd.213

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a school laptop, it runs Battlefield 2 easily, but it doesn't start when I'm not connected to the school network (usually when I'm home).
I have a feeling it is to do with My Documents, is there any way I can change the directory the game uses?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i would doubt it's specifically your "my documents" folder. when there's a redirection of system folders like that (which is typical on a larger network) the computer will use a local version of that folder when the network version isn't available (offline files is enabled by default for redirected system folders).

did you install the game while it was connected to the network at school? if so, you may have selected a network drive for part of the install. i'd suggest uninstalling/reinstalling the game

Mcyd.213

Mcyd.213

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I've already tried that too, still didn't help me though, thanks for the input anyway.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
did you install/uninstall it while connected to the school network? you didn't really answer that.

also, with a lot of games you have to make sure it completely removes all of the data files and such otherwise it tries to keep some of the files around just in case you change your mind.

Mcyd.213

Mcyd.213

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sorry, yes, I've tried uninstalling and installing again at home, while not connected to the network, and yes, I learnt about files not being uninstalled with Unreal Tournament 3, quite annoying.