Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer no longer imports photos from SD Card

• Please log in to reply

Uirsa5822

Uirsa5822

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Just recently my card reader in my system stopped importing photos from my SD card. It used to work before. I'd insert the card, and the import box would pop up, allowing me to import the photos. Just recently it stopped coming up. Out of no where.

I don't think anything is wrong with the card reader itself, since when I do insert the SD Card reader, the green light comes on, the card shows up under My Computer, which I can then click on and browse a few folders to get to the pictures. I'd rather not do it this way, and import it via the import box that used to pop up when I entered my SD card. How can I get it to pop back up when the card is inserted?

I'm sure upgrading the driver will help, but not sure where to look to download it.

I am running Windows 7 (64 bit). All help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

dennisK16

dennisK16

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Xanster82,

sorry you are having trouble with your SDcard!
i had the same type of problem a few weeks ago and had a easy solution

Click Start --> Control Panel --> Autoplay look for pictures and change it to what ever you want it to be

hope this solves you problem!

D

Uirsa5822

Uirsa5822

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Thank you for the reply.

Under Auto Play, under pictures the option selected is "Import pictures and videos using Windows". I already have that selected, and Auto Play is enabled. But yet, nothing pops up still asking me to import pictures. Any other ideas? Hmm.