Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CODUO SERVER HELP server setup problems

• Please log in to reply

riley05

riley05

• Pip
  • 8 posts
rite i dunno if it in the right place but any how.... sorry if its not...... RIGHT I REEALLLY NEED SOMEONES EXPERT ADVICE.... I am trying to host my own server using my computer but when i set up a dedicated server on the internet i do not know my ip to get on to the server i have been on numerous websites such as www.whatismyip.org an tried the ip it has given me an still no connection??!!! can some one help me... if it helps i am using a netgear router to link up my 2 pc's!!!!!!!!!!!! PLLEEEEAASE HELLPPP MEEEE

Edited by riley05, 03 June 2005 - 07:45 AM.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
There is many ways to find your ip when using a router. Double click on my computer, goto my network places, view network connections, click local area connection, then support. That shows you your ip.

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

if it helps i am using a netgear router to link up my 2 pc's

This would not help jrm, since he is using a netgear to link the two, the internal ip address is what would be viewed there. However, if you go to where jrm told you to find your IP address, you will see a default gateway. That is the ip address of your router. Open an explorer bar and type: [B]http://I]routeriphere[/I] . This should open a logon window. There, your username should be admin. And I believe default Netgear password is admin also if I'm not mistaken, if that doesn't work, then the password should be password unless you or someone else has changed it. Now, once inside, we may run into problems as I have ran into older Netgear routers (wireless and non) that the port forwarding didn't exactly work. Hopefully yours isn't one of those. We will need to know what type of server you are planning to run so we know what port on the Netgear to open up. Please post back with that info.

Greazy Mcgeezy

riley05

riley05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i know how to get into the router settings as i have had to do this to change mtu settings etc. I want to run a dedicated server on call of duty: united offensive and i can set it up but the only problem is my server isnt showing in the server list and therefore i do not know my server ip as the only ip i am able to find is the one on network connections which is only the ip of the router and its connection with the other computer. So really what i need to know is, is there anything i must download to setup my own server and ge it on to the server list so clan members can join and other people. Im not a noob when it comes to the game just setting up servers pleeeeaase heelllp!!!!!!

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
No, there is nothing you need to download to get your server to show up on the server list. I see many people having trouble getting there server list to show. Everyone asks me how did you open a home server. If you follow everything i listed on my help forum you should be good, if server doesnt show still its a router problem. Look for a dmz host option in your router and enable it. Give me your router ip for the server pc and ill try and help you out.

A server.cfg does help some people setting up servers.

Here is my cod server forum.

http://www.geekstogo...ome-t25785.html

Edited by jrm20, 02 June 2005 - 07:22 AM.

riley05

riley05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
this is what i have on my router set up which one do i have 2 use to open the port.. an what do i have to type.. also i read your forum post on call of duty and it says something about a config file u crete can yopu tell me how you do this

riley05

riley05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Attached File  router_port_forwarding.bmp   253.41KB   486 downloads

here is a screenshot of the port forwarding page on my router setup if it will help

Edited by riley05, 02 June 2005 - 06:19 PM.

riley05

riley05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I think it is in fact the port i need to forward.. so if you can please tell me what port number i use to forward etc i am on a netgear DG834 router plzzzz helllp

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
that picture i downloaded is blank. Please save it as jpeg and try again.

riley05

riley05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i know where to forward ports now and i have forwarded port 28960 as this is the port i have been told needs to be forwarded, i have also made a cfg. file and made my server. the only problem is getting others to join my server now. I still do not think that my server is showing in the list but i can join the server as on the server console it gives me the ip. but the ip it gives me is the ip which my router is 192.168 etc etc i can join the server with this ip but other people cannot as it is just saying awaiting connection.. is there another ip i need 2 give them????? im getting somewhere lol but other things keep happening :tazz:

Advertisements

dajoker_610

dajoker_610

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello, I hope this is in the right spot, I'm new to this, please bare with me......I noticed your topic was similar to what I'm trying to do with my server for Call of Duty United Offensive. I go to start it up, and get a console message saying "hitch warning" and it's waiting for a command. I run a router also, but I do know the IP's and things, but what I'm curious about, is the hitch warning being caused by the firewall of the router, or is it another problem? any help would be appreciated, Thanks, Joker

riley05

riley05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i think the hitch warning is just a part of it im not 2 sure me self.. AAARGH I JUST WANT TO SORT IT OUTTTTTTT SOMEONE WHO HAS SET UP A SERVER PLZ HELP US BOTH LOL :tazz:

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Lmao guys, hitch warning is normal.

dajoker_610

dajoker_610

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
lol, I found that out.........from what I gather, it's because it's not a dedicated server that's why it does it..

Joker

revan

revan

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

me and some other friends have almost the same problem... I can forward a port and i'm sure it works(I forwarded the tcp and udp 28960 for COD), my problem is that I can't find my ip. For example I can not tell my friend - join 212.45.67.191:28960(just invented this ip). How can I know that ip since I have a router and when you go in COD console and you type \showip it gives me my network ip.

My friend doesn't have a router and all he did was hosted as usual and typed \showip in cod console and he connected on that ip (the ip was not 192.168.0.1 but the usual ones 212.58.76.190 I think it was) : 28960. So my problem is to get that ip... also I found out that the ips they give on showmyip.com and sites like that do not work since that same friend tried many of those ips and they didn't work... the only one that worked was the one of \show ip :S

So after all those words lol the conclusion is... I don't know how to get the ip needed for hosting

I hope any of you guys can help me. 10x

ReVan

Edited by revan, 06 July 2005 - 01:14 AM.