Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sql 2000 installation code 1060 problem

• Please log in to reply

2006elad

2006elad

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a problem I hours trying to solve it and fail
I try to install sql 2000 on win xp pro sp3 and each time he makes the configure the server
He gets error please refer to sqlstp.log
I deleted a year trying to fix all the registy relating to sql also deleted the associated files from program files
Even formatted my computer and tried to keep the D drive and nothing
Stages of the installation I'm doing next to everything and when I reached a stage of the domin user I click on the first (local)
And then I'm doing next year than the first two (mixed password) and writes the password and user defult he gives me sa I click next and then it loads the installer and then it reaches the stage of the configure is stuck and writes the error is the end of the sqlstp.log:

23:20:30 C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft SQL Server \ 80 \ Tools \ Binn \ cnfgsvr.exe-F "C: \ WINDOWS \ sqlstp.log"-I MSSQLSERVER-V 1-M 0-Q "Hebrew_CI_AS" -H 262 332-U sa-P
23:20:30 Process Exit Code: (193)
23:20:52 Setup failed to configure the server. Refer to the server error logs and C: \ WINDOWS \ sqlstp.log for more information.
23:20:52 Action CleanUpInstall:
23:20:52 C: \ WINDOWS \ TEMP \ SqlSetup \ Bin \ scm.exe-Silent 1-Action 4-Service SQLSERVERAGENT
23:20:52 Process Exit Code: (1060) specified service does not exist as an installed service.

23:20:52 C: \ WINDOWS \ TEMP \ SqlSetup \ Bin \ scm.exe-Silent 1-Action 4-Service MSSQLSERVER
23:20:53 Process Exit Code: (0)
23:20:53 StatsGenerate returned: 2
23:20:53 StatsGenerate (0x0, 0x1, 0xf000000, 0x300, 1033,303,0 x0, 0x1, 0,0,0
23:20:53 StatsGenerate -1, MARK)
23:20:53 Installation Failed.

From what I see this error in 1060 I went online for information about him but I did not know what information is relevant to the problem
If anyone can help me I've been a few days trying to solve the problem
Thank helpers :help: :help:

Advertisements