Hi and welcome to GeeksToGo
! Please make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them. If you have any queries or you are unsure about anything, just say and I'll help you out
It may well be worth you printing/saving the instructions throughout the fix, so you have them to hand just in case you are unable to access this site.Please note:
- Remember to post your logs, not attach them. So, any logs from any programs we run, should be just 'copied & pasted' into your reply.
- Please only run the tools that I request. I know malware can be frustrating but running other tools in the meantime and between posts, only makes it harder for us to analyse and fix your PC in the long run.
- Please subscribe to this topic if you have not already done so. Please check back just in case, as the email system can fail at times.
- Just because your machine is running better does not mean it is completely cleaned. Please wait for the 'all clear' from me to say when we are done.
- Please reply within 3 days to be fair to other people asking for help.
- Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available
- When in doubt, please stop and ask first. There's no harm in asking questions!
Looks like a Zero Access rootkit. Please follow the steps below:Step 1
We need to temporarily remove your Anti-Virus, as it interes with the fix I want to run. You can reinstall it again later. If you are not happy about doing this, please let me know before proceding
and run it.
Click Next >>
Ensure "Remove Security Application
" is collected and click Next >>AppRemover
will scan all the security applications on your PC
Select Any AVG
entries from the applications offered and click Next >>
Follow any further on-screen instructions. If asked to reboot,please do so.
Note: Please do not browse the internet or open any email attachments until your Anti-Virus is re-installedStep 2
Please download ComboFix
from one of these locations:BleepingcomputerForoSpywareNotes:
- Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
- ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making Internet Explorer the default browser.
- Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CD, floppy and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you -- please tell your helper.
- CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.
- If you are using personal certificates I recommend you to export them before running ComboFix and save them to external media.
Please carefully follow all steps below:
Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, or if you are running Vista, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.
- Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. (Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive.)
- Double click on Combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
Notes: Combofix will run without the Recovery Console installed. Skip the Recovery Console part if you're running Vista or Windows 7.
- As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
- Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
- Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
- Click on Yes. ComboFix will now start scanning your computer for known infections. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
Give it at least 20-30 minutes to finish if needed.Please do not attach the scan results from Combofix. Use copy/paste.