Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running uninstall on xp to reinstall on a larger hard drive

• Please log in to reply

XxsergeixX

XxsergeixX

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a windows xp office computer which has a small problem....I have the two drives switched around... I have a 80.0 GB drive and a 40.0 GB drive and my 40.0 GB is my primary IDE master and not the primary IDE slave. How would i uninstall windows from the 40.0 GB drive and then reinstall it onto the 80.0 GB drive without getting the message....cannot run cdrom please insert install diskette into drive A:/. I do have the XP disk and would like to know how to fix this.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to GeekstoGo

With any such undertaking there is always a risk, however small.

May I ask why you wish to do this.
If it is a question of free space on the 40Gb there are probably far better and indeed safer ways to secure more free space, by the use of the 80Gb for many files.
Leaving only the O/S and those items which cannot now be moved on the 40Gb drive.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
If is a space issue you can purchase a larger hard drive and then clone the 40gb to the other one.
You could also clone it to the 80gb but anything on the 80gb will be lost.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
XxsergeixX
It is now six days since you joined GeekstoGo and started this thread.
Would you kindly post indicating if you still require help.
Thank you