Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disable "Hotkeys"?

• Please log in to reply

Draminicus

Draminicus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a feeling that this is posted somewhere else but i have never been good at navigating forums, but to the point.
I have a Hp G62 laptop running wins 7 64 bit, and on the left side of the keyboard there are "Hotkeys" for windows live mail, cyber dvd, the web, print page, and the calculator. These keys are annoyingly placed, and unwanted, and i want them to stop working with out breaking anything. Is there a way i can disable them from doing anything like "oops hit that butt again" and have nothing happen. I often tap the live mail one while hitting escape or hit the dvd one while pressing tap, its not a insane gaming machine but it run what i want it to, and nothing more annoying then Playing Counter Strike go to press tab to look at score then my game minimizes and opens the dvd player.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS: I have already tried the Control > Keyboard, to turn them off there is no such option.

Edited by Draminicus, 01 December 2011 - 01:59 AM.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Hi and :welcome:

Did you check your owner's manual? See if there is something in this thread that helps: http://h30434.www3.h...G62/td-p/272315