Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus Crosshair V Formula - Problems

• Please log in to reply

megaman186

megaman186

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Alright I just got my new motherboard today called the 'Asus Crosshair V Formula' and I have replaced my old one with it and booted up my PC everything seems to work but on the mother board the Boot_Device_LED is flashing RED (not really flashing but it stays red) then then it says that it cant find the boot device or something even though it does in the bios settings etc then it will let me boot up Windows 7 and it loads up the Windows 7 logo and 3 orbs start spinning around and then pause and then gives me a blue screen with only a STOP message saying "Stop: 0x07B" and also a bunch of writing saying if its the first time the blue screen occurred restart and check for viruses etc. This is weird as the HDD worked on my other motherboard and now it doesn't, I have tried several SATA cables and stuff as well.

Help please. Thanks.

Advertisements

spaceagecow

spaceagecow

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
You cant replace a motherboard and put your old hard drive in it and expect windows to work its a MS Moment thing :) , To address your red led issue? do you mean the HDD_LED

Edited by spaceagecow, 01 December 2011 - 06:27 AM.

megaman186

megaman186

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Yes its pretty much the same thing, but it's called the Boot_Device_LED instead and my boot device is the HDD, also how do you boot from a USB on this motherboard because it doesnt seem to work when i press F8 and boot from my lexar 8gb usb.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

You cant replace a motherboard and put your old hard drive in it and expect windows to work its a MS Moment thing

I agree and this is for two important reasons.

1. The motherboard is full of integrated but discrete hardware devices that have their own drivers. Shoving a new motherboard onto an existing installation of Windows is suddenly exposing that installation of Windows to a bunch of hardware devices it does not know how to communicate with.

2. It is most likely illegal! If the Windows on the drive came from a computer that had an OEM/System Builders Windows license (which most do) then you cannot legally use that license on a new computer - and note a new motherboard (unless an exact replacement for one that failed) is considered a new computer.