Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

speedy grow of system volume info gatheway PC

• Please log in to reply

fa7

fa7

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear Sir
my PC has worked very well more than 2 years, very often use SM program to check and correct problems, visit many places in internet, have ZA firewall
about six month ago i notice big reduction of my hddd free space without aparent cause,
transfered files to external hdd, and for several months the free space was consistent with the work i done, but in the two months ago my free space went so low, that i erase the shadow copies (there were about 16 )except the last to regain free space, but in the last month if i transfer some files the system volume info grow about the same, i check that with treesize free, yesterday i lost abot 3 gb of free space, but i only transfered about 600 mb, today i transfer abot 3 gb to an external hdd and the free space almost didnt change, i run program acelerator of SM to re-align programs and their related files and gain some free space, but then run defrag and i lost about 3 gb (this is abnormal i have done that in the past and never decreased the free space
i have checked the disk for errors and repaired but free space continues decreasing
i checked with vssadmin shadow list and only show 1 shadow, but the shadow is growing
from 14.38 gb to 15.32 gb to 20.7 gb yesterday to 27.3 gb today. Please help thanks in
advance i get the otl.exe and run the quick scan i'm including the resultsAttached File  otl.txt   90.28KB   80 downloadsAttached File  xtras.txt   61.19KB   149 downloads

Advertisements