Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

faithless about this

• Please log in to reply

Kunkka

Kunkka

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi people
I've lost my mind already becaouse of this porblem.
we have 3 computers in the house which are connected by a wireless network with 10mb interent speed.
Ok so the problem is on my computer, speedtest.net shows me that i got only 1-5mb speed(on local server!!)
And most of the time my interent just wont move or barley crawls!
Or it disconnects and connect or the wirless connection shows up or its not even there...
I don't know if it matters but when i get into counter-strike(steam)
It tells me cl_flushenititypackets
It seems like the internet just collapses i get this X on the wireless network...
and then i takes few times to connect back, and then again it barley moves...

igot Atheros AR5005GS Wireless Network Adapter
and the router is Tp-link a really new one...

Excuse me for my low english.
And please take a minute to think of a solution for my problem, THANK YOU :help:

Edited by Kunkka, 02 December 2011 - 08:52 AM.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to GeekstoGo
I see you have also been welcomed in Introudctions.

If that network adaptor is Atheros, as against an adaptor with an Atheros chip then check that you have the latest driver appropriate to your system from here.
http://www.pcpitstop...rk~Adapter.html

If this is a branded computer, ie: Dell HP etc.
Then do not download from there, download the latest from your manufacturers site, if this is an original part of that computer.

It does not matter that, there maybe or IS NO warning on Device manager for this device, that simply inidcates there is an error with the device/driver.
That is a totally different issue from having the latest driver.

If you do not have the latest driver - download and install it.

Kunkka

Kunkka

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well i did have an old version of the driver,
i've downloaded the newest version for my driver and still no change.. maybe it even got worse!

thank you!

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

thank you!

I am just a tiny bit unsure if the thank you with the exclamation mark ! is a genuine thank you, or more a thank you for making the problem worse.

If it is the latter, may I point out to you, that procedures to solve a problem may take more than one step and some steps may not be successful. You should always have the latest driver when attempting to solve this sort of problem

From where did you obtain the driver - please re-read my notes on my last post.

Additionally see this

Question
I see this message when I'm playing: 'WARNING: CL_FlushEntityPacket'

Answer
If you are getting CL_FlushEntityPacket Warnings this typically means that either:

• Your internet connection or the server's internet connection is having problems.
  • Your connection is overloaded, for example running a peer-to-peer filesharing application in the background.
  • There are other computers on your local network using your internet connection.
  • The server you are on has its network connection overloaded.
  • You are running on a wireless connection with a poor or inconsistent signal.
  • You are connected to the internet using a dial-up or other low-speed connection.
  • You have your rate or cl_updaterate or cl_cmdrate settings too fast for your internet connection.
You can help to identify and eliminate the source of your problem by:

• Shut down all unnecessary programs on your computer before playing.
  • Disconnect all other computers in your household to see if they are causing the problem
  • If you are running on a wireless network, try connecting using a direct ethernet cable and see if the problem goes away. You will probably have to disable the "Wireless Zero Configuration" service while you are playing as well.
  • Safe rates for dial-up connections are typically around 3500-5000, while broadband connections should be able to safely run 30000 or better. You set this in your game console (~ typically) by entering: rate <value>
  • The default cl_updaterate is 20, setting the value to a higher number increases the download demand on your connection. Set this in your console: cl_updaterate 20
  • The default cl_cmdrate is 30, setting the cale to a higher number increases the upload demand on your internet connection. Set this in your console: cl_cmdrate 30
HOWEVER if the connection is performing poorly in ALL rather than just in Counter Strike, then you need to look further at the various settings for the connection and the wireless adaptor.and also clean up your browsing history, cookies, temporary files etc .

Please post in your reply
1, The make and full model of the computer if branded.
2. The driver version you have now and from where you downloaded it.
3. The Operating system eg. XP, Vista, Windows 7 and version
4. Is the Atheros adaptor - installed with the computer as on a laptop. OR as I do not know the model is it a USB adaptor
5. What strength is the wireless signal shown as, usually found on the taskbar or on Network adaptors in Control Panel
6. What browser - IE or Firefox and what version.

Kunkka

Kunkka

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
noooo its a thank you for trying to help!!! :upset:
(now reading the rest of the meeage)

edit:
i format my computer yesterday =\

1.i didn't understand.
2.I had 2.0.x version before, and now i have installed atheros_ar5xxx_8.0.0.238-seven
http://www.x-drivers.ru/
3.windows 7 s1.
4.its a part i bought speretaly.
5.1-3 from 5 levels, signal strength:fair
6. i use explorer but i had the same problem with firefox..

Maybe i should point that out
Sometimes the inter works fine, but most of the time its really slow and with problems.
Now i can use youtube normally, but early today i tried to surf in youtube and the internet disconnect every few minutes,

sometimes it just cant connect to the wirless netowrk, sometimes it just shows an "X" on the wireless connection(it dosen't even show the network)

thanks again!

Edited by Kunkka, 03 December 2011 - 10:36 AM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

1.i didn't understand.

As my previous

1, The make and full model of the computer if branded.

If this is a branded computer, ie: Dell HP etc.
Then do not download from there, download the latest from your manufacturers site, if this is an original part of that computer.

However as you have said it is a part you added - that, regarding the computer manufacturer does not apply - HOWEVER is it a branded computer ie a DELL, HP Compaq, etc.
If so please provide the full make and model

The Operating system eg. XP, Vista, Windows 7 and version

Windows 7 - is it 32 bit or 64 bit please

1-3 from 5 levels, signal strength:fair

That is more or less certainly the problem, the signal strength should be good at least and preferably excellent.

Post the replies please and in the meantime I will look at the driver.
Please include in your reply the model of TPLINK router

NB The link you have provided for the driver is I am sorry to say of no assistance to me as I cannot of course read it.
I will explore on other links and then come back to you

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I have posted separately so that you may more easily NOTICE this next point, as you have I think already seen my last post.

That network adaptor AR5005GS has the Atheros chip AR2414

AR2414

Who is the actual OEM supplier of the card - ie: Belkin, TP link etc as against the Atheros chip on the card.
THIS is where you should be looking for the driver.
The latest generic driver for that chip is

Version: 9.2.0.113

Release: 2010-11-17 [November '10]

but that DOES not mean that this is the one you should have. Do you have the manufacturer detail

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
kunkka

It is now some 10 days since your last reply.
Do you still require assistance please.
Would you kindly update the thread and let us know the current situation.
Thank you