Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD using who crashed for info.

• Please log in to reply

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Is the game you play not online??If you change the default browser to firefox it will open the game in firefox.
Also you never told me what kind of computer you have example compaq presario c700.

Edit:The reason I ask for what kind of computer you have I want to try and find the latest bios version for your pc.

Edited by rockmilk, 09 December 2011 - 08:33 PM.

Advertisements

jason422

jason422

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Ima reboot said to and said fixed some corrupt

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Ok please after the reboot visit windows update.
http://www.update.mi...n&&thankspage=5
Allow all critical/important updates to be installed

EDIT: After the update please run chkdsk /r in an elevated command prompt.Hit start type cmd right click run as admin then type chkdsk /r then select y to run on next reboot and then reboot your machine.

Edited by rockmilk, 09 December 2011 - 08:42 PM.

jason422

jason422

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
The game i play is online and i had to download a client to play it but it does it on all games also if i have for example running internet explorer,playing music, and downloading at the same time i get a bsod real quick.

and Im read this from a tool called CPU-Z(CPUID) it says my Bios Brand is American Megatrends inc.\Version 1802/Date 06/10/2010 hope this helps a little my motherboard is manufacture/ Asustek computer INC. and model M2N68-AM Plus.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Before we try a bios update I would like you to reset/clear the bios.Here is a link explaining the process.
http://pcsupport.abo...p/clearcmos.htm

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Also sorry to ask again what kind of computer do you have??

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Also this is just a shot in the dark but would you please open device manager (by pressing the windows key and pause at the same time) uninstall your ethernet driver and reboot.Dont worry windows will automatically reinstall the driver for you.Is purchasing more ram out of the question?As it seems to me and another member here it is a driver issue or a ram issue.Is there not a cd drive on your computer?

Edited by rockmilk, 09 December 2011 - 09:29 PM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Please run driver verifier http://www.jcgriff2....er_Verifier.htm

If your system BSOD’s under the Driver Verifier,please rerun bluescreenview and post the log it creates.

Edited by rockmilk, 09 December 2011 - 09:55 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I am ONLY posting with a suggestion.

jason422
On your opening thread you said

Hey guys i keep getting these bsod whenever i play a game the only game i cant play it a game called ultimate online a 2d mmo game. but when i run inter net browser and the game it bsod but no internet running and i play it fine and internet i mean internet explorer but anyother game just crashes no matter what here it my data who crashed has provided me with.

which at first suggests that the problem is ONLY with Ultimate Online.

However you then go on to mention - but any other game.

Having spent the last hour or so looking at the EA website, as I do NOT game, there is a wealth of information regarding this Ultima Online.
There are downloads for the manual, tests for trying to establish why the game will not run - including network tests - there is also a support forum AND online supports for OWNERS of the game.- presumably with a purchase proof - although I have not checked that.

Here is the link
https://help.ea.com/...q=ultima+online

I am NOT in any way suggesting that you cannot continue HERE on GeekstoGo.

However have you examined the EA website forum and ALL the other help offered there.
Especially if this is the ONLY game that will not play without a crash.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
What is your current situation? jason422

Advertisements

jason422

jason422

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Sorry for long reply kinda got tired of my computer since it bsod but nothing really helps it. I cant find the bios update so i dunno about that really. and i just a bsod recently before posting this reply i got a error because i was running media player (mp3 music player) and i was extracting for winzip for my server. and it bsod saying " Memory_Management " is this a sign of bad memory? if it is i might get mroe ram andd change it out with this one and if its good ill give you feedback of it.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Please follow instructions in post #53

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Try updating your chipset/sm-busdriver and your graphics driver with the program listed below.

http://small.driverm...x/drivermax.exe

jason422

jason422

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
sorry for another late reply on post #53 i could nto find my driver verifier on the windows start thing it didnt come up i searched for it also but could not find it trying post # 58 and macboatmaster it didnt help much on that because it was happening before the game to.

jason422

jason422

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
i downloaded it but it ask for me to check my email i looked in inbox and spam no mail found