Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics and Gaming

• Please log in to reply

callard

callard

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi,
I built my system about 3 weeks ago now and since then I just been getting it the way I like it, and trying to keep things up to date. But the past few days I've wondering if I should go gaming again, but I have no idea which way to turn I could stick to my (Intel Extreme Graphics 2) but I'm not at all sure what that could or couldn't handle. Say for example Halo or Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow I have a USB game pad on its way too, but I was thinking of buying a PNY 6600GT but I don't want to spend the money if I don't have to.

So really what I'm asking is, will my Integrated GPU be able to handle todays sort of games, with out much trouble?

But nothing crazy like Doom3 or Half-life 2

Edited by callard, 01 June 2005 - 07:35 PM.

Advertisements

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
You will have a much better gaming experience with the 6600gt its a decent low/mid range video card.

Edited by OneCool, 01 June 2005 - 07:54 PM.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
integrated wont be able to handle much let me tell you, and if it did work for halo it would be choppy gameplay and low frames per second. Halo isnt even that new of a game engine but it still looks good.

I recommend 6600 gt or 6800 gt with 256 mb ram preferably.

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
i have an intel integrated same one and it runs halo perfect. don't even have alot of ram.

callard

callard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Thanks guys thats given me a better idea of what I will do.

Stay using the Intel Extreme Graphics 2 and then upgread
at a later date.
Plus may even go Intel SLi, but like I say all at a later date.

Thanks for all your help :tazz: