Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer will Not Boot - Probably No Malware Involved

• Please log in to reply

chippern73

chippern73

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I believe I told you wrong. I have a keyboard that plugs directly into is own slot. It doesn't have batteries. It is my mouse that plugs into the USB Port.

I borrowed a keyboard, which I know is working and it did not work on my computer. There were no beeps when I turned on the computer with the "new" keyboard plugged in. So hooked up my old keyboard and turned it back on and there were no beeps. My old key board three lights light up for a second when the computer is first turned on and then go off. But like I have said that is normal for my computer booting up. Then the lights come back on when the computer boots.

With the "new" keyboard the lights never came on, but they did on my friends computer.

I believe that my computer is helpless, unless you can think of something else.

So at this point that what I need to do is remove the hard drive and see if I can copy the data to another disk or computer.

How would I do that? I have researched threads in this forum about doing this, but cannot find any. Can you direct me that way.

Chuck

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hi chippern73
At this time I feel that you should work with rshaffer61 @ http://www.geekstogo...re/page__st__15 to secure your data.
Reply here when done if you need to and I will assist you, I cannot however offer you any better guidance than you are receiving at your other thread.