Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ad-Aware Plus CD purchased at amazon

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

_Easter_

_Easter_

Malware Expert

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Not at all!!

Whatever version of software you are needing help with YOU CAN HAVE 100% SUPPORT RIGHT HERE.

Thats why we are here btw . :tazz:

On the question of how to handle the Update Issues, well that is frankly not in our control. We are not employed by Lavasoft nor ever were. We freely offer our time and attention to make sure you receive the best possible advice and guidance so that your internet privacy and protections are at their very best for you and your family.

Good Day.

Edited by _Easter_, 17 June 2005 - 05:24 PM.

Advertisements

erawda etah I

erawda etah I

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Not at all!!

Whatever version of software you are needing help with YOU WILL HAVE 100%SUPPORT RIGHT HERE.

Thats why we are here btw. :tazz:

[removed]

edit:sorry for my frustration overspilling.i read article@SpyWareWarrior(link on page1) and followed another Link to Carma which got me thinking.
http://s4.invisionfr...dpost&p=2007081

Edited by admin, 03 June 2005 - 02:50 PM.

JONPAULONLINE

JONPAULONLINE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I received another email from Lavasoft advising
I register ( again- this is the 3rd time )

and I have good news

It worked

I was able to upgrade to Build 1.06 in the Plus version of Ad-Aware

G R E A T

This case is closed
Thank you all

JONPAULONLINE

JONPAULONLINE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I received another email from Lavasoft advising
I register ( again- this is the 3rd time )

and I have good news

It worked

I was able to upgrade to Build 1.06 in the Plus version of Ad-Aware

G R E A T

This case is closed
Thank you all

_Easter_

_Easter_

Malware Expert

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Thats great news JONPAULONLINE and we thank you for sharing that useful information with the community here.

Seems there will be some delay in receiving a response so it is neccessary to keep at it as long as your patience can hold out. LoL :tazz:

Have A Great Day and Thanks again for your patronage and support here at GeeksToGo Forums.

Theodore Joseph

Theodore Joseph

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Perhaps the best way to get the attention of the company is to broadcast our dissatisfaction with the product due to the lack of customer service by telling of our experiences across related sites on the internet, advising and cautioning others NOT to purchase the Ad-Aware SE Plus and Pro versions and to stay with the FREE versions. Bad news travels fast. One can let the readers know that anyone who purchases the products are on his or her own just as with the free version and that he or she will get ABSOLUTELY no support even when registering the product.

Some ideas: pcworld.com and download.com have room for "user's views" and we can start taking advantage of web sites such as those. Some of you may have knowledge of other sites. My personal e-mail address is: Edit Removed E-mail Adress if you would like to contact me personally. Needless to say, I am very disappointed in a company that has a fine product, but cares so little for their paying customers.

Edited by don77, 05 June 2005 - 06:20 AM.

Theodore Joseph

Theodore Joseph

• Pip
  • 8 posts
At least I see that the management of Lavasoft is following this forum, in particular.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who provided help in bringing their expertise to the fore in an attempt to resolve this issue.

Based on the information provided by JONPAULONLINE, I got no e-mail response, but I re-registered for the third time and got a more detailed response from them with a new look customer service website that provide more information regarding licencing information, number of licences held and that my licence begins today and ends one (1) year later. (I wonder what brought that on). Previously I was told I held no licence.

So the good news is I followed the download link and was told that I could download the required SE Plus version, which I did, and now I am at Build 1.06.

Thank you for such a great and fantastic website where very important people follow along.

Thanks again guys, admins and moderators.

berkot

berkot

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am glad it worked for one of us,
I have registered fotr the third time and still get the message, but now it's a bit changed

Ad-Aware Upgrade

Upgrade not possible. Your order may not have been processed through element 5, or it does not entitle you to a free upgrade. Please verify your data and try again.

I am still waiting for a reply from lavasoft I have sent 2 emails and they have landed on deaf ears.

It just appears that Lavasoft and element 5 are interested in taking your money and that's all
I agree may be best tostay with the free version and never buy from lavasoft again

Stick me once shame on you
Stick me twice shame on me !

Bernie

Theodore Joseph

Theodore Joseph

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Berkot, maybe, I can help you along. When you re-register you will get an auto generated email with your email address and password. Do you have that info at hand? I will try to walk you thru the process.

By the way, you went to the wrong place. You don't go to Upgrade Center. You need to follow the instructions that come with the auto generated email, it tells you where to go. That's why you got the Element 5 message you got.

Edited by Theodore Joseph, 03 June 2005 - 08:04 PM.

berkot

berkot

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Theodore Joseph
Thanks for the info.
Actually after registering the third time the proper site this evening was on the reply email .
Yes the third time IS the charm. The logon and pasword has never changed, just the site to use it has !
Why did it take a month to recognise that we all have this problem ??

As I said the first two times I registered it gave me a site that was worthless.
the third time is a completely differnt site, that works !
Why is everybody so afraid to list the new site and help everybody out ?

Thanks again finally am recognizes as registered owner and allowed to download the update.
It should not be this hard

Bernie

Advertisements

Theodore Joseph

Theodore Joseph

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I agree but we do not live in a perfect world and, sometimes, when things do not go the way they should, WE have the power to make things happen and we all did, collectively.

The other users on here couldn't provide any further information than they did as the information on Lavasoft's website was only very recently put there in response to what was going on here.

berkot

berkot

• Pip
  • 7 posts
:tazz:
Yes WE Did, and thanks to all who did !
As for VERY recently it has been in the last few hours, because I did register this morning and got the old site, tonight after reading te posts from all of us it was finally changed. As for the Element 5 as far as Lavasoft is concerned they are the support in the United States as well as England, and the same problem was there too. Element 5 is the agent for the money, and shipping but no support !
Again Thanks to all for a job well done, as we all benefit too !

Bernie

JONPAULONLINE

JONPAULONLINE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
[B] So good to read , we are finally seeing good news on this topic for all.

I will try to stop in dailly to remind (if you purchased "Plus Version at a store) and you cant get on build 1.06 (Email ad-aware support and follow the instructions and links in their email to upgrade.
If the option to upgrade states"You do not have a licence,send a "REPLY email with the History of prior Lavasoft email ,because it will most likely hold your case number.

[COLOR=blue]

LS MikeW

LS MikeW

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello All,
Everyone should have recieved an upgrade notice.

For those that are existing customers and have their login information please use the following URL to log into our customer center:

www.lavasoftcustomercenter.com

This link will also accept the registration information for those that purchased and then registered the Boxed edition. Please see the Email you recieved after registering the Box for your username and password.

For those that do not remember or have lost their registration information please use the following link for assistance:

http://esales.elemen...24&languageid=1

Also please see the following link for another upgrade information link:

http://esd.element5....blisherid=14524

With Kind regards
Mike Wood

SpyDie

SpyDie

• Pip
  • 5 posts
What about your free users Mike? Do you and the rest of that company even care about them?