Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

i7-3820 vs Ivy Bridge 3770k

• Please log in to reply

sokka

sokka

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
I want to build a new computer soon, but I don't have a problem waiting till April for Ivy Bridge processors. Which would be better for general use, and some gaming: Core i7-3820 4 core 3.6GHz (can't afford 3930k), motherboard without USB 3.0 etc, and 24GB ram (yeah, i know its overkill, but I'm more confused about the processors and motherboards) OR Core i7-3770k 4 core 3.5GHz 22nm, motherboard with the features, 16GB ram?
The choice here is basically between the sockets, and if it
is worth the money I may just be able to get a six core, thanks to Jesus' birthday :P

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured