Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why is it taking so long to Re-Open My Topic?

• Please log in to reply

Dom Fontana

Dom Fontana

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Hello.

I know you are all volunteers and I appreciate your time, but something is baffling me. I got a Rootkit virus and posted a message for help a few weeks ago. My computer was practically unusable, but I had Internet access. After 3 days without a response, I couldn't wait any longer, so I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. After that, I lost my Internet access. As fate would have it, I got a response to my request for help from one of the Mods right after I lost my Internet access. I went to my friend's computer and left a message telling the Mod to please keep my topic open because I lost my Internet access, but would follow his advice as soon as I got access back. Again, as fate would have it, I got my Internet access back and as soon as I came here, I discovered the Mod had closed my topic for lack of a response just a few hours earlier. Bad timing. This was on November 29th.

I always read all the rules, so I followed the rules and sent a message to a Staff Member asking them to please reopen my topic, so I could post the log file as the Mod asked me to do. I didn't get a confirmation that my message was received and I checked numerous times a day for 3 days, but my topic still wasn't reopened. So I sent another message. Now another 3 days have past and my topic still isn't reopened.

I don't want to sound like I am complaining, but it's been 6 days now and my topic still hasn't been reopened. I guess I just don't understand why it would take so long to simply unlock a thread. I figured it would be unlocked within 24 hours. I am worried that maybe the messages I am sending are not being received. I understand when you post a new thread asking for help, there might be a delay with the response and then the rules say if you don't get a response after a certain time, there is a Forum to post the message again. I didn't see anything about a similar procedure for following up about waiting 6 days for a thread to be reopened, so that's why I started a new topic. I hope that's okay.

Here is the link for the thread I want reopened:

http://www.geekstogo...20#entry2088820

Thanks for any help.

Dominick J. Fontana

Advertisements