Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

The perpetual PITA of Google Dictatorship

• Please log in to reply

John Bull

John Bull

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Everybody who knows about Google also knows that this body of bean-brains are addicted to putting crap on our browsers that we have no option of deleting. They bask in their autocratic world of "Take it or Leave it" like some Banana Republic Dictator.

Well luckily for us, their are people around who can screw up Google`s dictatorial attitude, but not always.

I have an add-on that deletes the Google screwball L/H side panel on their search perfectly.

Now, these morons have placed a blue bar on the search that invites us to SHARE something. It says "Click here to start sharing on Google+" and there is no option of getting rid of this parasitic piece of crap.

Can anybody advise users how to dump this latest brainstorm of the idiotic Google juvenile delinquents into the crap bin it deserves ?

Oh boy ! How many thousands of users will jump for joy if it works.

Edited by John Bull, 05 December 2011 - 06:50 AM.

Advertisements

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
First, use Firefox, not Google Chrome, for obvious reasons.

Go here to install Adblock Plus for Firefox. Ignore the subscription window, we will do that later.

Then visit this page for a list of subscriptions. I recommend either Fanboy's list or Adversity.

If you use Adversity then add the list called "Antisocial" at the end of that page.

If you use Fanboy's list then add its tracking list and Annoyances list.

There are more lists from Fanboy here for extra filtering.

Note that you should only use lists from one author (Antisocial goes with Adversity, Fanboy's Annoyances goes with Fanboy's list)

John Bull

John Bull

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

First, use Firefox, not Google Chrome, for obvious reasons.

Go here to install Adblock Plus for Firefox. Ignore the subscription window, we will do that later.

Then visit this page for a list of subscriptions. I recommend either Fanboy's list or Adversity.

If you use Adversity then add the list called "Antisocial" at the end of that page.

If you use Fanboy's list then add its tracking list and Annoyances list.

There are more lists from Fanboy here for extra filtering.

Note that you should only use lists from one author (Antisocial goes with Adversity, Fanboy's Annoyances goes with Fanboy's list)

Dev, a thousand thanks for responding.

I use Firefox and have ABP. After a lot of fumbling around on the web, looking all over the place., I found a tweak that when entered into ABP as a hide element - DELETES this damned blue bar and it`s stupid sharing matter. It works fine and the blue bar is now GONE !! You simply click Preferences on ABP, then Add Filter (copy/paste) and enter, then click Apply and OK. Don`t forget to enable all the hide elements. To summarise these elements are :-
google.com###gbx2
google.com###gbx1
google.com###gbpr
##DIV#gbprw <========= This is the one that worked for me using Firefox.

My screen shot of the ABP hide elements is below. The one with the red dot is that which deletes the blue scourge, but it does no harm to enter the others since some systems work with one of the other options.

Whew ! Problem solved until those jerks at Google come up with another PITA.

Screen shot of ABP hide elements that kill the blue sharing bar :-

Posted Image

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
John Bull,you've made my day! That darn Blu Bar was like an itch i could'nt scratch,thank's to you,it's gone forever!
Consider yourself "Knighted" :thumbsup: :cheers:
zorba the greek