Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No LAN Connection

• Please log in to reply

GWalkaa

GWalkaa

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Right guy and gals, I have read through the Limited or No connectivity thread but I don't believe there is a applicable problem to mine. I hope my query and general load of muddled up words below make sense to someone.

So I was installing a new computer to the network already cable and router in place should just plug and go. It didn't, and the other computer connected to the internet received "Limited or no connectivity".

The network comes in to a router then through to a splitter to access lots of computers its then put into a DLINK DI-804 router to the two computers which have now failed or not connected and yesterday one was working fine. i've tried various things releasing renewing ip etc. When going to renew the IP it fails and states Error renewing LAN unable to contact DHCP server.

Edited by rshaffer61, 14 December 2011 - 06:15 AM.
Removed Personal Info

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
A 169 address means the computer isn't getting an IP from the router. You need to either simplify the setup to find where the issue is, or if all the computers on a particular part of the network have the issue, find out which bit of that chain has an issue.

Alternatively it the router is only set up to dish out so many IPs in a particular range and you've used them all already and you add one more, there will be no IP address to give out.

GWalkaa

GWalkaa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
SOLVED

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
We are glad you got it resolved but can you share how you resolved it with other members please. This could help someone in the future with the same issue.
Congratulations GWalkaa. :rockon: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :thumbsup: :ph34r:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

GWalkaa

GWalkaa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The ip addresses had been manually asigned and it was just working out which ones were needed.

Could you please remove the post as it think the detail giving is causing SPAM to be sent from our network.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I have removed any personal information that could be used so any email notifications you receive now will only be pertaining to a response to this topic. .