Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Seemingly random BSOD's, happening regularly.

• Please log in to reply

spligak

spligak

• Pip
  • 2 posts
It typically occurs when I'm gaming, live streaming or watching a flash movie or stream. The BSOD's have had what seems to be random reasons listed as the cause of the crash. The 2 latest crashes report:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (with tcpip.sys reported as the culprit)

and

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (with hal.dll reported as the culprit) - this one freaks me out a little, as I believe hal.dll is responsible for my video card's interaction with the other hardware.

I have attached the .dmp's. I'm hoping you guys can help restore a bit of stability to my machine.

As they continue to happen, I will update this thread with additional .dmp files.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Win 7 seems to have a problem with networking. They have a HOTfix that might help your problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977067

I hope it helps you with your problem. On some computers it has not helped and microsoft is mute about the problem except for the hotfix.

SRX660

spligak

spligak

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have additional .dmp files, none of which seem to be referring to TCP issues.

If somebody could review the latest 3 dumps and see if it helps further diagnose the issues I'm having, I would appreciate it!

Attached Files

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Download BLUESCREENVIEW and install and run it to read the dump files created by windows.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Would you please tell me which antivirus applications you have had previously on this machine any and all.The reason I ask is because some like to hang around after you uninstall via add remove programs and require the use of removal tools.

What kind of computer do you have exactly??Example Compaq presario c700

Download CCLEANER

Just DONT us the registry cleaner function of CCleaner unless you know what you are deleting exactly!!

Then open ccleaner hit the tools button then startup second one down below uninstall then in the bottom right hand corner of ccleaner hit save to text file.Save it to your desktop and post the startup.txt here in your next reply.

Hit the start button in lower left hand corner. Then in the run box type msconfig, then hit the services tab then put a check mark in hide microsoft services what is listed there,after hiding microsoft services?Please post back to us in a vertical list.

Please download MINITOOLBOX When the box opens click save file, save it to the desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following boxes:

Flush Dns
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go and post the result.

Run sfc /scannow also run chkdsk /r Links explaining below.

chkdsk /r

sfc /scannow

IF THIS IS A DESKTOP Unplug the tower open up the side.Get can of compressed air and blow out the machine and reseat the ram modules video card etc,see video Plug it back in and see how it goes.WHILE YOU HAVE THE RAM AND VIDEO CARD OUT BLOW OUT THE SLOTS THAT THEY PLUG INTO.ALSO BLOW OUT THE HEAT SINK.SEE VIDEO

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND POST ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED!! :)

I want to make one thing very clear DO NOT use the registry cleaner function of ccleaner!!

Edited by rockmilk, 11 December 2011 - 03:48 PM.