Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Forgot Administrator Password

• Please log in to reply

Ms_Carmen

Ms_Carmen

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I believe I have really messed up my computer. It started with a virus. I tried to run CCleaner,Spy-Bot and Malware to get rid of the infection but some how did not work. After several attempts to rid the virus, eventually I could not get into any programs or internet access because of a message that said Windows XP is not updated to XP 2012 and then a scan would run telling me of all the malwares, trojans and viruses I had. I was not able to do anything on my computer past that point any longer. Most programs or internet explorer, etc. that I would try to open got me the same XP virus message. Frustrated I was doing anything I could to try to "fix". I did something to restore the c drive and was trying to restore system and when I did that my computer shut down. I restarted my computer and The blue screen with the Administrator icon asking me for my password. I haven't had a password or remember ever having a password for administrator before so this is where I am stuck I have tried just entering without password no luck. There was also a guest account, but that is not even showing. Is there a way for me to get past this? My computer is a Toshiba running Windows XP Home Edition. I truly appreciate ANY help you can give me as I am so frustrated! I am a student taking online courses. So you can imagine, computer access is a necessity. So again thank you in advance and will await your response.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to GeekstoGo.

It started with a virus

Windows XP is not updated to XP 2012

There is NO such legitimate program as XP2012

It appears you MAY still be infected.

Please go to this link.
Follow carefully the instructions for posting in Malware
http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/

Please be patient, they are very busy in that forum.
This matter can ONLY be dealt with by our Malware experts.

Good luck with it.

Ms_Carmen

Ms_Carmen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for the quick response, I hope this fixes my problem. Will this post remain open for a couple days? I will be reviewing the information you sent me, but if I have other questions, I would like to be able to continue from here.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
We do not close threads in GeekstoGo - they just naturally expire in the fullness of time.

However in these circumstances your correct course of action is to follow the advice in the link and post in Malware.

Whilst on any general question, you MAY post here on this thread, no actual help or advice regarding the problem can now take place here, as such matters can ONLY be dealt with by a qualified expert in malware detection and removal.

Once the malware expert has given you a clean bill of health, if problems remain he may very likely refer you back here..