Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP and software installation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

irzapper

irzapper

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
:tazz:

Help?

I'm upgrading from Windows 98 to Windows XP Home. After I setup my administrator account, I will set up several limited user accounts on the same machine.

Being new to XP, what sequence would it be better for me to follow when it comes to the installation of software that I'm installing to help protect my computer, (ie- antivirus software and spyware protection software.)

Question # 1:
Do I need to install these types of programs in my administrator account "before" I create any limited user accounts?

...Or, do I create my limited user accounts "first" and then go back to my administrator account and "then" install these types of programs?

Question # 2:

After I get either of the above performed, will all user accounts be protected from the installation of this antivirus and spyware software, no matter what account is logged onto the computer, even if the icon does not show up in the system tray?

Thanks all for any support.
irzapper 06/01/05

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Please do not double post..

You are being helped In This Thread already!!

Murray