Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rogue Programs?

• Please log in to reply

irish_eyes

irish_eyes

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
My husband is convinced that rent-to-own companies, furniture and computer sales stores and the like put in programs that will cause the system to run slow and hang up if you are late on payments. Is this true? Do you know of any stores or dealers that plant these types of programs to sabotage your system if you are late making payments?
Sounds ridiculous to me, but I want to prove it to him. Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Ridiculous idea. You could just wipe the computer.

If you're late on payments and default which results in the visit of a bailiff to seize your assets, which would include the computer, then the slowness of said computer by any cause would be the least of your worries at that point.

irish_eyes

irish_eyes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
No worries! I am not late on anything. He just had this wild idea and had it confirmed by someone else and I thought it was - frankly - stupid. just wanted an expert opinion.
Thank you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You may just need to run a couple of programs to clean out temp files, get rid of autorun programs that are running you may not know of and run a good defrag. These may help get the system running a lot better.