Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unhandled win32 exception occurred in LifeCam.exe

• Please log in to reply

plouf

plouf

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello Geeks,

I would like to use my new LifeCam HD-3000 (I've never used a webcam before on this computer). The installation process was ok. When I first tried to use it by clicking the MS LifeCam shortcut, I got the message in Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger:
An unhandled win32 exception occurred in LifeCam.exe [1580]
Then 'Unhandled exception at 0x7c812afb in LifeCam.exe: 0xE0434F4D: 0xe0434f4d' in Visual Studio

I tried the webcam on another computer with the same configuration and got the same error.

If I unplug the webcam and double-click on MS LifeCam shortcut, LifeCam detects the absence of the webcam and does not crash.

Then I tried the following fixes without success:
uninstall .net framework 3.5 SP1, .net framework 3.0 SP2, .net framework 2.0 SP2
reinstall .net framework 3.5 SP1, .net framework 3.0 SP2, .net framework 2.0 SP2
=> same problem

install .net framework 1.1
=> same problem

Thank you for your help.

Edit:typo

Edited by plouf, 08 December 2011 - 01:37 AM.

Advertisements

plouf

plouf

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I installed the latest LifeCam software, the latest video driver: LifeCam still crashed
I forgot to mention I've got two screens on my video card.

Edited by plouf, 09 December 2011 - 04:15 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
This is a Microsoft product, correct? I would contact them and see if they can help, especially since you say it's new.

plouf

plouf

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I went there:
http://answers.micro...12-db026e4b3562
and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933310

The issue is still there so I am going to replace my MS webcam by one from Logitech.