Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

HDD Data Transfer -- Seagate Barracuda LP 1.5TB Ex. HDD

• Please log in to reply

HM Green

HM Green

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I own a 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda LP External HDD, and have removed the enclosure down to the base harddrive. The enclosure failed during my tour in Iraq and I have roughly 800-900 Gb of data stored on this drive. I am wondering, how would I remove the data from the HDD?

As I stated Before, I have removed the Enclosure, as it was the main reasoning behind the HDD not powering on, and I have researched SATA cables to no avail. I am unsure what I am looking for as far as SATA cables, or if I am even looking in the right direction.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0022.JPG

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
First, thank you for your service and welcome back to "the world". :thumbsup:

Second, :welcome:

I have researched SATA cables to no avail.

You have several options here.

• Temporarily install this drive into a PC as a secondary drive (not boot drive), then copy off your data.
  • Install this drive into a new "bare" (no drive) enclosure such as one of these then connect it to a USB port on your notebook and copy over.
  • Use a docking station - I have one of these and really like it.
  • Use a cable adapter kit which provides power and a data connection.