Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malfunctioning wireless mouse on Acer Extensa 5620

• Please log in to reply

JacobC

JacobC

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
I have been using a wireless mouse on my Acer Extensa laptop. The touchpad started malfunctioning a year ago, and so I have been using a wireless mouse. It has been working fine for a few months. But now, it sporadically displays all the right click options when I move the mouse, even without touching the right click button. This makes the laptop useable. After a reboot it works, but the same behavior sometimes unexpectedly happens.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I would try another mouse and see what happens. A USB wired mouse maybe. It could be a weak spring or crud under the button. Also, weak batteries can cause some really weird reactions.

Finally, I would scan for malware too, just to be sure this is not some malicious activity.