Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Avira can't update or uninstall.

• Please log in to reply

Cavs2010

Cavs2010

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi,

I just updated my Avira 12(the latest one) everything went fine, then it said illegal access to the registry had been blocked just a little bit later. I tryed to view the report but it was not there, I tryed to update again and it said..

The following error occurred when trying to start the update:

Scheduler has not been started.

I looked online and found the following link, Avira.com and did what it said there but it did not work. So I was going to uninstall Avira and reinstall it however when I go to the add/remove programs to remove it, it says this when I click Avira to remove it.

Setup could not determine the file or was not abke to read it correctly.
[Errorcode 8]

Also I looked on my C drive and found that some of the Avira are on the C drive now, like the CONFIG, REPORTS folder among others. And that is where avira is putting the update file ect now.

Could anyone please help me remove Avira? :help:

I an using Windows 7 64bit

Thank you

Advertisements

Cavs2010

Cavs2010

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I got it working now. Had to reboot into safe mode and do a system restore and then it let me uninstall it. Also switched to Avast to try it out after this stuff with Avira.

Avast is pretty good right?

Thanks