Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

URGENT: Brother Color Laser printing faded. Charity event needs me!

• Please log in to reply

Rudy Rudy

Rudy Rudy

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have a Brother Laser Color printer, HL 4040CDN. I ran off maybe 50 full color prints. They were gorgeous. Then, it said one or two of the toners were empty. I don't remember which. It's been months ago. I purchased new toner (I think it was black and magenta or cyan) and replaced it. The print was washed out and horrible. There were really no mid tones, and the prints almost look black and white with a slight hint of color. There is no definition in faces.. only very light shadows.

So I contacted the seller for the toner who refunded my money. I was sure I'd purchased bad cartridges. However, I didn't have money to buy more.

I'm printing calendars for a charity. All profits go to a local woman battling Ovarian cancer. I've already sold the calendars to be delivered this week and I ordered an entire round of brand new toner. It arrived today. I put paper in and printed the cover.. it looks the same as before. Washed out with virtually no color and it's very greenish.

I print the Test Page and everything looks great. But whenever I print my own stuff, it's horrible.

I've never changed any settings. So how could the first round of prints (those 50 original ones, also full color photos) look so awesome and then everything else looks this way?

I'm so frustrated. I'm just trying to do a good thing and help raise money for this woman and here I have to mess with this stupid thing.

Thanks for any help!Brother.jpg

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Brother Laser Color printer, HL 4040CDN
http://welcome.solut...0cn_all&Cat=112

Note it does not actually list CDN in related models, so you may need to search the Brother site.
Also I do not know that laser printer - but if test page uses defaults then the solution may well be in the link.
If it works is that quick enough for you.
Good Luck with it and with your charitable cause.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Found it - it was not there becuase that CDN is mot marketed in Europe but is in the USA etc.
http://welcome.solut...0cdn_us&Cat=112

actually the procedure seems the same but the link on this post is for your model.

Rudy Rudy

Rudy Rudy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! IT WORKED! Oh my God you seriously don't know how relieved I am. Thank you so much! It was soooo simple! Yet I could not figure it out.

Rudy Rudy

Rudy Rudy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Here, you see the video ad for the calendar. Seriously.. this thing is being printed because of you!

http://www.youtube.c...u/0/0tGAeADVYqM

Rudy Rudy

Rudy Rudy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
How do I donate to you for your time?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

How do I donate to you for your time?

Your appreciation - so readily expressed is more than sufficient.
We work on here because - we enjoy helping people.

I do not ask for any donation.
If it would make you feel better - donate it to the cause you are working hard for.

Our best wishes.

Thanks again for your so readily expressed gratitude.