Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CCleaner

• Please log in to reply

tjmcs

tjmcs

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Greetings, folks.

Wandering if anybody else has noticed that the new update for CCleaner has caused it to bog down? Anybody have a solution?

joe

Advertisements

goldhound

goldhound

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
I have not had a problem with the latest version. Perhaps uninstall and DL again?

tjmcs

tjmcs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Thank you. I will. For some reason after installing the newest update, it started taking forever to clean the internet files. Having to use the Microsoft built-in internet history cleaner to clean the files, then use CCleaner to finish.

joe

goldhound

goldhound

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi,

Under "options" then "settings" do you have it checked to do normal file deletion or secure file deletion? If secure is checked there are options for "secure file deletion" either 7 or 35 passes. Both of these will be very slow to run with 35 being slowest of course. I use 7 passes.
Good luck with it :)

tjmcs

tjmcs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Thanks to all for help. Had to uninstall and reinstall CCleaner. Saw immediate difference. Knew when it went from fifteen minutes to clean to an hour and a half after an update something was wrong. Thanks.

joe