Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Gets frozen at Log In

• Please log in to reply

SJ Danny

SJ Danny

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
So this has happened to me on 3 different occasions, I've reset my PC (which i tend to leave on for long durations) and before logging in, i have the Ctrl+Alt+Delete prompt. Well as soon as i do press Ctrl+Alt+Delete the prompt disappears and thats it. It seems to freeze but i can still move my mouse around.

The only way i can fix it is to go into safe mode and do a system restore.

I left a hijackthis log.

Thanks

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hi SJ Danny
I notice that you use Utorrents, this is unwise as you are putting yourself at risk from malware attack.
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.
If you are still having problems when the Malware Tech has given you the all clear return here and we will look at other possible causes and their solutions.
Also be aware that HTLs are no longer used here at GTG and malware logs are not permitted outside of the Malware Forums.

SJ Danny

SJ Danny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Ok Thanks

Edited by SJ Danny, 10 December 2011 - 08:30 PM.