Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer won't stop freezing up

• Please log in to reply

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
OK PLEASE GET ME THE REST OF THE INFO I REQUESTED FROM POST #2 ALSO IS THIS A DESKTOP OR LAPTOP?

Advertisements

wynnyelle

wynnyelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
i have a dell PC Studio XPS Desktop.

Hang on while I run the command line stuff that may take a bit.

thank you again for helping you haev been very patient.

Edited by wynnyelle, 11 December 2011 - 06:48 PM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
NO NEED FOR THE COMMAND LINE SFC /SCANNOW CHKDSK /R CAN BE RUN LATER I NEED THIS INFO

Download CCLEANER

Just DONT us the registry cleaner function of CCleaner unless you know what you are deleting exactly!!

Then open ccleaner hit the tools button then startup second one down below uninstall then in the bottom right hand corner of ccleaner hit save to text file.Save it to your desktop and post the startup.txt here in your next reply.

Hit the start button in lower left hand corner. Then in the run box type msconfig, then hit the services tab then put a check mark in hide microsoft services what is listed there,after hiding microsoft services?Please post back to us in a vertical list.

I want to make one thing very clear DO NOT use the registry cleaner function of ccleaner!!

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
HAVE YOU OPENED THE DESKTOP AND CLEANED WITH A CAN OF COMPRESSED AIR,AND RE-SEATED THE RAM VIDEO CARD ETC? UNPLUGGING IT FIRST OF COURSE.

wynnyelle

wynnyelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Ok . I tried the one command and got these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

no i have not yet because this stuff i think is not going right.

Can you not type in all caps please? it is harder to read. Thank you!

Edited by wynnyelle, 11 December 2011 - 07:16 PM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
NEVER MIND THE CHKDSK /R AND SFC /SCANNOW YOU ENTERED THE COMMAND WRONG BUT WE WILL GET TO THAT JUST DO THE FOLLOWING PLEASE :)

Download CCLEANER

Just DONT us the registry cleaner function of CCleaner unless you know what you are deleting exactly!!

Then open ccleaner hit the tools button then startup second one down below uninstall then in the bottom right hand corner of ccleaner hit save to text file.Save it to your desktop and post the startup.txt here in your next reply.

Hit the start button in lower left hand corner. Then in the run box type msconfig, then hit the services tab then put a check mark in hide microsoft services what is listed there,after hiding microsoft services?Please post back to us in a vertical list.

I want to make one thing very clear DO NOT use the registry cleaner function of ccleaner!!

Edit: Ok no more all caps sorry about that.

Edited by rockmilk, 11 December 2011 - 07:18 PM.

wynnyelle

wynnyelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Okay thanks I got this first:

Yes HKCU:Run Google Update "C:\Users\wynnyelle\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
Yes HKCU:Run SUPERAntiSpyware C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
Yes HKLM:Run IAStorIcon C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe
Yes HKLM:Run ShwiconXP9106 C:\Program Files (x86)\Multimedia Card Reader(9106)\ShwiconXP9106.exe
Yes HKLM:Run Dell DataSafe Online "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Online\DataSafeOnline.exe" /m
Yes HKLM:Run THX Audio Control Panel "C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\THX TruStudio PC\THXAudioCP\THXAudio.exe" /r
Yes HKLM:Run UpdReg C:\Windows\UpdReg.EXE
Yes HKLM:Run DellSupportCenter "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter
Yes HKLM:Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run Adobe ARM "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run ACU "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atheros\ACU.exe" -nogui
Yes HKLM:Run QuickTime Task "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
Yes HKLM:Run APSDaemon "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run SunJavaUpdateSched "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run avast "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\avastUI.exe" /nogui
Yes HKLM:Run GIDDesktop C:\Program Files (x86)\SFT\GuardedID\gidd.exe /s
Yes HKLM:Run RtHDVCpl C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe -s
Yes HKLM:Run RunDLLEntry_THXCfg C:\Windows\system32\RunDLL32.exe C:\Windows\system32\THXCfg64.dll,RunDLLEntry THXCfg64
Yes HKLM:Run RunDLLEntry_EptMon C:\Windows\system32\RunDLL32.exe C:\Windows\system32\EptMon64.dll,RunDLLEntry EptMon64
Yes HKLM:RunOnce "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\Components\DSUpdate\DSUpdate.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\Components\DSUpdate\DSUpdate.exe"
Yes IE Extension Messenger Companion (Ctrl+Shift+C) C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Companion\companioncore.dll
Yes IE Extension Blog This C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
Yes IE Helper Adobe PDF Link Helper C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
Yes IE Helper avast! WebRep C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
Yes IE Helper Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
Yes IE Helper Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Companion\companioncore.dll
Yes IE Helper Constant Guard Protection Suite (COM) C:\Program Files (x86)\Constant Guard Protection Suite\NativeBHO.dll
Yes IE Helper Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
Yes IE Toolbar avast! WebRep C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
Yes Startup Common Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
Yes Startup Common Constant Guard.lnk C:\Program Files (x86)\Constant Guard Protection Suite\IDVault.exe
Yes Startup User Dell Dock.lnk C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe

since my computer might freeze before I get done I will post this and then do th rest.

okay here is the list:

Posted Image

It wouldn't copy so I made 2 screencaps of it.

Edited by wynnyelle, 11 December 2011 - 07:31 PM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Open Ccleaner and disable the entries below.

Yes HKCU:Run Google Update "C:\Users\wynnyelle\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
Yes HKCU:Run SUPERAntiSpyware C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
Yes HKLM:Run IAStorIcon C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe
Yes HKLM:Run ShwiconXP9106 C:\Program Files (x86)\Multimedia Card Reader(9106)\ShwiconXP9106.exe
Yes HKLM:Run Dell DataSafe Online "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Online\DataSafeOnline.exe" /m
Yes HKLM:Run THX Audio Control Panel "C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\THX TruStudio PC\THXAudioCP\THXAudio.exe" /r
Yes HKLM:Run UpdReg C:\Windows\UpdReg.EXE
Yes HKLM:Run DellSupportCenter "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter
Yes HKLM:Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run Adobe ARM "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"

Yes HKLM:Run QuickTime Task "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
Yes HKLM:Run APSDaemon "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run SunJavaUpdateSched "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"

Yes HKLM:Run GIDDesktop C:\Program Files (x86)\SFT\GuardedID\gidd.exe /s

Yes HKLM:Run RunDLLEntry_THXCfg C:\Windows\system32\RunDLL32.exe C:\Windows\system32\THXCfg64.dll,RunDLLEntry THXCfg64
Yes HKLM:Run RunDLLEntry_EptMon C:\Windows\system32\RunDLL32.exe C:\Windows\system32\EptMon64.dll,RunDLLEntry EptMon64
Yes HKLM:RunOnce "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\Components\DSUpdate\DSUpdate.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\Components\DSUpdate\DSUpdate.exe"
Yes IE Extension Messenger Companion (Ctrl+Shift+C) C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Companion\companioncore.dll
Yes IE Extension Blog This C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
Yes IE Helper Adobe PDF Link Helper C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll

Yes IE Helper Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
Yes IE Helper Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Companion\companioncore.dll
Yes IE Helper Constant Guard Protection Suite (COM) C:\Program Files (x86)\Constant Guard Protection Suite\NativeBHO.dll
Yes IE Helper Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll

Yes Startup Common Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
Yes Startup Common Constant Guard.lnk C:\Program Files (x86)\Constant Guard Protection Suite\IDVault.exe
Yes Startup User Dell Dock.lnk C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Hit start button at lower left hand corner of the screen.Then in the run box type services.msc right click Run As Admin. Find the service listed below,one at a time. left click it once you should have the option to either stop the service or restart it , stop the service then right click selected service select properties then change the startup type to manual then left click apply and move on to the next service.If the service is stopped and the startup type is manual then do nothing.
SAS Core service
Adobe LM Service
Dock Login Service
Flexnet Licensing Service
Go to Assist
Google Update Service (gupdate)
Google Update Service (gupdatem)
Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology
CGPS Service
RoxMediaDB10
Softthinks Agent Service
Stllssvr

After you do this then reboot your pc.It is important that you reboot.

wynnyelle

wynnyelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Thank you, for the list, I am trying to follow but where do you even see that list on cccleaner? I don't see it anywhere.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
That list is under startup tab
Open ccleaner hit the tools button then startup second one down below uninstall.

wynnyelle

wynnyelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
I have set all of those things to manual and now rebooted. I am back.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Ok what about the startup from ccleaner?? Also how is the computer running now??

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Open ccleaner hit the tools button then startup second one down below uninstall then in the bottom right hand corner of ccleaner hit save to text file.Save it to your desktop and post the startup.txt here in your next reply.

wynnyelle

wynnyelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
The computer is running faster, but Firefox does this weird delaying thing when I click or type and it doesn't seem to respond for a few seconds. It's okay now but was doing that before the last reboot. Here is the startup:

No
No HKCU:Run Google Update "C:\Users\wynnyelle\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
No HKCU:Run SUPERAntiSpyware C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
Yes HKLM:Run ACU "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atheros\ACU.exe" -nogui
Yes HKLM:Run avast "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\avastUI.exe" /nogui
Yes HKLM:Run dellsupportcenter "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P dellsupportcenter
Yes HKLM:Run RtHDVCpl C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe -s
No HKLM:Run Adobe ARM "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
No HKLM:Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
No HKLM:Run APSDaemon "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe"
No HKLM:Run Dell DataSafe Online "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Online\DataSafeOnline.exe" /m
No HKLM:Run DellSupportCenter "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter
No HKLM:Run GIDDesktop C:\Program Files (x86)\SFT\GuardedID\gidd.exe /s
No HKLM:Run IAStorIcon C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe
No HKLM:Run QuickTime Task "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
No HKLM:Run RunDLLEntry_EptMon C:\Windows\system32\RunDLL32.exe C:\Windows\system32\EptMon64.dll,RunDLLEntry EptMon64
No HKLM:Run RunDLLEntry_THXCfg C:\Windows\system32\RunDLL32.exe C:\Windows\system32\THXCfg64.dll,RunDLLEntry THXCfg64
No HKLM:Run ShwiconXP9106 C:\Program Files (x86)\Multimedia Card Reader(9106)\ShwiconXP9106.exe
No HKLM:Run SunJavaUpdateSched "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
No HKLM:Run THX Audio Control Panel "C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\THX TruStudio PC\THXAudioCP\THXAudio.exe" /r
No HKLM:Run UpdReg C:\Windows\UpdReg.EXE
No IE Extension Messenger Companion (Ctrl+Shift+C) C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Companion\companioncore.dll
No IE Extension Blog This C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
No IE Helper Adobe PDF Link Helper C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
Yes IE Helper avast! WebRep C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
No IE Helper Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
No IE Helper Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Companion\companioncore.dll
No IE Helper Constant Guard Protection Suite (COM) C:\Program Files (x86)\Constant Guard Protection Suite\NativeBHO.dll
No IE Helper Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
Yes IE Toolbar avast! WebRep C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
No Startup Common Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\Adobe\CALIBR~1\ADOBEG~1.EXE
No Startup Common Constant Guard.lnk C:\PROGRA~2\CONSTA~1\IDVault.exe
No Startup User Dell Dock.lnk C:\PROGRA~1\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe