Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer won't stop freezing up

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
wynnyelle

If it's malware, then we can go through all the stuff we already tried and eliminate that. I've done so much scanning and nothing's come up.

Thanks again. The malware forum still has not got back to me, though.

The ONLY people on this site WHO can determine if your computer is infected are certified Malware staff members.
This is, for your protection and to ensure you receive the best advice and assistance.

Please be assured that the fact YOU have scanned for Malware with the tools available to you. Does NOT mean that you are not infected.

ONCE this was posted on the 12 December

I think you have malware.On your machine this is the last step we are going to take.Until the malware techs give you the all clear.
The cause of your malware is utorrent I assume you were downloading torrents.That is why your computer is in the current state that it is in.

The highlight in red is what should have occurred.
That said, I repeat that the ONLY members QUALIFIED to determine the situation are our Malware experts.

YOU MAY OR MAY NOT be infected.
You posted in Malware on 12 December. It is ONLY three days. They are very busy. Please be patient.
The wait will be worthwhile.

For your own good. Please take my advice and do NOTHING more until you receive the help in our Malware forum.

Advertisements

wynnyelle

wynnyelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Okay. Thank you for this advice, I will wait and go over to that thread to wait.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
You are welcome.
As you know NOW our member Essexboy has replied to you.
on your Malware thread.
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

wynnyelle

wynnyelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
I had the computer reformatted. So far it's doing okay, but it's been only a few hours.

Thank you so much for your help!

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Thanks for letting us know
Sorry we could not solve it for you.
Good Luck with it.