Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

want to change password or reboot to factory settings (WITHOUT DISK OR

• Please log in to reply

caliraised

caliraised

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my uncle sold me his computer. i know its an hp pavillion ,probably from 09 other than that i dont know anything else about it. the problem is that my uncle forgot the administrative password to it and lost the disk that held his information i can still go in as a guest but i want to change the password so that i can replace his setting with mine if possible i wouldnt mind rebooting to factory settings i just dont know how. ive looked all over the internet including youtube but nobody seems to understand what im trying to do.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What is the model number? Many of the HP pavilions had a built in Recovery Partition you can use to restore to factory state from. With the model number we can find the manual and see what it says about that.

Chaputika

Chaputika

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

my uncle sold me his computer. i know its an hp pavillion ,probably from 09 other than that i dont know anything else about it. the problem is that my uncle forgot the administrative password to it and lost the disk that held his information i can still go in as a guest but i want to change the password so that i can replace his setting with mine if possible i wouldnt mind rebooting to factory settings i just dont know how. ive looked all over the internet including youtube but nobody seems to understand what im trying to do.

Hie, before you logo on the Guest account, Press the Ctrl + ALT DEl Keys. A window will appear in which you have to write "Administrator" along the User, leave the password blank and Click Ok. Once in the system go to your account management window and remove the problematic password.

Good lucky