Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restoring Everex back to factory settings w/o restore disc

• Please log in to reply

Michelle Hernandez

Michelle Hernandez

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Everex computer and I need to restore it back to factory settings. It was working at one point then it stopped. Now it just says disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter. I have the recovery disc but it doesn't work. I tried to use it but it no longer has the files on it. I don't know what else to do the company is out of business. I tried F12, F8 and F10 none of them helped. Please help.

Advertisements

Akabilk

Akabilk

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi Michelle,

Are you able to enter the Bios (boot and immediately start pressing your Delete button)?

If you can get into the bios, using your arrows / enter / escape buttons to navigate, look for boot order preferences and make sure your optical drive is selected as first boot, then your hard drive.
Once CD is selected as 1st boot, insert your recovery CD and then select "save changes and exit" to re-boot to CD.

Faizan Ern Prince

Faizan Ern Prince

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Try purchasing the restore disks for the PC.

or
Buy an operating system Windows XP Home Edition

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics